276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bushmills Black Bush Irish Whiskey, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This unique recipe means Black Bush has rich, fruity notes and a deep intense character, balanced by an incredibly unique smoothness. Once the flavors are gone there’s a bit of a tingle left behind for the aftertaste, almost like you’d expect with a rye whiskey. The practice of whiskey distilling had taken place in the town of Bushmills for centuries, with one of the earliest recorded instances of whiskey drinking dating to 1276.

Taste - The baking spice mix (cinnamon/nutmeg/cloves blended nicely together) takes centre stage on the palate, with the apple and butter notes also continuing through from the nose on a supporting basis. Anyway, this is my go-to blended whiskey at the moment, so consider this review a little positively biased. The nose is honeyed and floral, and the taste is lightly sherried and lightly sweet, being extremely smooth.the series, seasons 1–7, Bushmills is the common whiskey shared and favourited among the entire Irish Gavin Family and referred to in at least ten episodes. This seems to me, to be a blended Scotch Whisky that matches up almost to my favourite Single Malt, the GlenDronach. I've had many more expensive blends but I still really rate it as an easily drinkable slice of island scotch. Finish - The baking spices complete a wonderful journey from nose to mouth to throat, maintaining their balanced co-existance.

The Original, Red Bush and Black Bush blends are all bottled between four and eight years of age, with varying casking programs and malt to grain whiskey percentages. When that dark period of American history finally ended, Bushmills flooded the market with their product, springing to popularity and gaining a permanent foothold in the United States. My reasonsing was, "Meh, it's only blended Irish whiskey, and it doesn't hold a flame to single malt scotch whiskies, blah, blah, blah.Black Bush contains a "high proportion" of malt whiskey that was aged 8-10 years in Oloroso Sherry casks. They say the distillers there were going well before the official licence but made it to the 17 th century before they were caught. A big and full fruitcake aroma, with sherry sweetness developing into raisin and Christmas cake notes. The company that originally built the distillery was formed in 1784, although the date 1608 is printed on the label of the brand – referring to an earlier date when a royal licence was granted to a local landowner to distil whiskey in the area.

e. 3 seconds in google), the single malt component of this blend spent a good deal of time in Oloroso sherry casks.You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included. Bushmills describes this as a “summertime whiskey” and suggests serving it on ice or even from the freezer, to give you some idea of its body (or lack thereof).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment