276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mistborn: Secret History

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Transcendent . . . all the familiar ideas and plots from epic fantasy have been turned inside out, and what happens at the end is utterly astounding in its audacity. The characterization is stellar, the worldbuilding solid and the plot intricate and compelling—if you haven’t read the first two books, go and do so immediately then buy this one. You won’t regret it. They haven't read anything else in the Cosmere, and I think they'd rather finish Mistborn first... Is your advice after Bands then?

Mistborn: Secret History - Macmillan Mistborn: Secret History - Macmillan

The last scene in BoM is one of the high points of everything Brandon has written, and it would be rendered completely anticlimactic if one reads Secret History beforehand. It turned out to be far more painful a process than he had anticipated. Instead of a soft fade to nothingness, he felt an awful tearing sensation—as if he were a cloth caught between the jaws of two vicious hounds. People with power,” Kelsier said, pointing toward the distant spires of Kredik Shaw. This was the road the Lord Ruler had taken, heading toward his palace. Though the Lord Ruler’s carriage was now distant, Kelsier could still see his soul glowing up there somewhere. Far brighter than the others. Vin and Elend's arrival at the Well gives Kelsier hope that he will be able to get through to her, but as a cognitive aspect with no connection to the Physical Realm, he can't, so Kelsier takes Leras's knife and stabs Elend as the mist spirit to motivate Vin to use the power to save Elend. Despite this, Vin releases the power and thus releases Ruin and Kelsier from the Well. When he asks Preservation to help him stop Ruin, Preservation tells him to head across the ocean for help. Although he doesn't know this at the time, Kelsier has been sent to the southern side of Scadrial, where the people have advanced without much interference from either Shard. Well, responses to both have been incredible. So, off and on over the years I worked on scenes for this when I had a spare moment. Though I love how it turned out, I want to warn you. Structurally, this isn’t like most pieces I’ve written. It relies on knowledge of the original Mistborn Trilogy, and though it tells its own cohesive narrative, the elements of that narrative are scattered across three years’ time in-world.Fans of Terry Goodkind and Terry Brooks will find The Well of Ascension fulfilling, satisfying and incredibly exciting. SF Revu

Mistborn: Secret History - The Coppermind - 17th Shard

then you still lose the impact that the Survivor survived death. You still lose the impact that Wax and gang's assumption that the Sovereign was Rashek was so far off-base. The end was not the end. Kelsier smiled again, this time truly excited. He turned about, and as he inspected his surroundings, the mists seemed to withdraw. No, it felt like Kelsier was solidifying, entering this place fully. The withdrawal of the mists was more like a clearing of his own mind. pulled his hand out, however, trailing light like molasses. He turned his hand over, inspecting the glow, which eventually faded. “So now what?” Kelsier asked. “You remain here?” “Here?” The Lord Ruler laughed. “With an impotent mouse and a half- blooded rat? Please.” He closed his eyes, then he stretched toward that point that defied geometry. He faded, then finally vanished. Kelsier gaped. “He left?” “To the Somewhere Else,” Fuzz said, sitting down. “I should not have been so hopeful. Everything passes, nothing is eternal. That is what Ati always claimed. . . .” “He didn’t have to leave,” Kelsier said. “He could have remained. Could have survived!” “I told you, by this point rational people want to move on.” Fuzz vanished. Kelsier remained standing there, at the edge of his prison, the glowing pool tossing his shadow across the floor. He stared into the misty room with its columns, waiting for something, though he wasn’t certain what. Confirmation, celebration, a change of some sort. Nothing. Nobody came, not even the Inquisitors. How had the revolution gone? Were the skaa now rulers of society? He would have liked to see the deaths of the noble ranks, treated—in turn—as they had treated their slaves. He received no confirmation, no sign, of what was happening above. They didn’t know about the Well, obviously. All Kelsier could do was settle down. And wait.

This story contains enormous spoilers for the first three Mistborn novels. Seriously, please don’t read this unless you’ve read those books. I’d actually prefer you wait until you’ve finished book six, The Bands of Mourning, because some of the reveals in this story will spoil that book as well.

The Bands of Mourning - The Coppermind - 17th Shard The Bands of Mourning - The Coppermind - 17th Shard

Sanderson, Brandon (30 January 2016). "Preface". Mistborn: Secret History (e-book). American Fork, Utah: Dragonsteel Entertainment. Khriss: A worldhopper from Taldain who was researching the origins of the Cosmere. She plays her role as the main character in White Sand. That tone seemed a direct contrast to the man beside him: a vagabond, a mountain man wearing the Lord Ruler’s face. This is what you really are, Kelsier thought. But that didn’t help. It was only further proof that the Eleventh Metal wasn’t what Kelsier had once hoped. The metal was no magical solution for ending the Lord Ruler. He would have to rely instead upon his other plan.Kelsier held Fuzz’s gaze. Time was running out; he could feel himself sliding toward oblivion, a distant point of nothingness, dark and unknowable. Still he held that gaze. If this creature acted anything like the human he resembled, then holding his eyes—with confidence, smiling, self-assured—would work. Fuzz would bend.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment