276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Altra Escalante 3 Running Shoes - AW23

£47.975£95.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The weight has increased slightly. The Escalante 3 weigh’s 263/219g for a men’s UK8/women’s UK5. The Escalante 2.5 was 241/196g. The increase in weight is mainly in the more padded, sturdy (and comfortable) upper. Stability is usually attributed to the wide base and upper that's narrower than the base. This is what lab data can tell us in this case: On top of its durability, the outsole also has a solid bite on gravel, damp roads, and even light trails. On the upside, reviewers still found the shoe to be light, comfortable, responsive, secure, and durable. The positives outweigh the negatives unless you have especially wide feet. This shoe is best for those who enjoy walking and short runs in a comfortable shoe with a natural feel. Due to its density, the Escalante's knit is unfortunately not very breathable, which is a problem in the heat of Germany’s southwest (up to 38 º C this year so far). If you need an upper that hugs the heel and midfoot tightly, the Escalante 3 is still not your shoe, although it offers much more support than its predecessors. All in all, we're talking about an upper that excels in comfort but makes certain sacrifices in functionality.

Amphipod Hydraform Handheld Water Bottle: Perfect for long runs when you need hydration in the summer

Total Pageviews

Personal: B (Solid fitting shoe with good comfort. Versatility does extend into casual wear. Running is smooth and fun, though my calves can get a little sore. Can't run too fast in them.) This year's Torin and Escalante are in roughly the same weight class, although the Torin offers four millimeters more cushioning material and is also equipped with EGO Max TM . As far as moderate, longer distances are concerned, the Torin clearly has the edge. For short, faster units, I would still rather reach for the Escalante. Both shoes tested in size EU 45. The Altra Escalante 3 is a decent daily option for medium to short runs for zero-drop newcomers. Efficient and experienced natural runners might enjoy it for longer runs and even a half marathon race or two. Those with a wider forefoot will have their needs met, while those on the narrower side will find more comfort in the Rivera. Speedsters will obviously want the Vanish Carbon for its natural feeling and super shoe tooling. I hear you. I’ve got a couple of suggestions, but I know none of them are perfect, and I’m still searching for perfect options for the old Escalante lovers.

No other shoe I own is as comfortable on foot as the Escalante 3. I love to wear it all day – which I actually do to some extent. By the way, this is what I’d recommend to all runners who do not yet have experience with zero drop shoes: Run slowly and short distances and otherwise break them in by walking around in them. But I digress.Runners also note that the EGO foam in the Escalante 3 feels a bit firmer than that of previous iterations, while the outsole crash pad is a bit wider, resulting in a slightly heavier shoe. Alternative Altra Shoes to the Escalante 3 What I can say for sure is that the extra rubber on the outsole has a positive effect on energy return. Curiously, the 20 gram weight increase doesn't really bother me when running. If you like to feel the road, but don't want to sacrifice cushioning entirely, you can't really go wrong with the Escalante 3. All in all, the shoe feels like a luxury sedan that you would ride around casually, but surprises you with a lively character when you put your foot on the gas.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment