276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GIOPUEY Case Compatible with Red Magic 8 Pro/Red Magic 8S Pro, Hard PC + Soft TPU Cover, High Transparency, Clear Phone Case, Airbag Anti-Drop, No Yellowing - black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Europa: Österreich, Belgien, Bulgarien, Litauen, Kroatien, Luxemburg, Die Republik Zypern, Tschechische Republik, Niederlande, Dänemark, Polen, Estland, Portugal, Finnland, Rumänien, Frankreich, Slowakei, Deutschland, Slowenien, Griechenland, Spanien, Schweden, Irland, Ungarn, Italien, Lettland, Malta, Vereinigtes Königreich. The twin speakers are placed at either end of the device and project some excellent audio. Sounds are loud and well balanced, with a full and powerful mix, though they aren’t as impressive as those found on the Asus ROG Phone 7 Ultimate. The placement also becomes a hindrance when gaming, as the speakers tend to be where your hands are gripping the phone. The right side isn’t too bad, as the speaker sits higher, but the left if usually covered, making the sound more boxy. Switching to the 8Mp ultra-wide camera does let you include some extra content in the shot, but due to the placement I often found that the edge of my hand could be in the image unless I was careful. The colours are even duller on the ultra-wide and quality takes a hit. The REDMAGIC 8 Pro's primary camera performs well during the daytime and captures plenty of details.

The front panel is a 6.8-inch AMOLED display with only minor bezels around the edges and no notch, thanks to the selfie camera being located under the screen, as is the fingerprint sensor. The latter was a bit hit and miss in terms of reliability, with pressings often resulting in my print not being recognised. This could be due to the fact that my daily driver recently has been the Xiaomi 12 Lite, which places the sensor a little lower down. If I took my time, then the results were more consistent, so it could just be muscle memory causing the problem. The nubia REDMAGIC 8 Pro received a massive redesign from the REDMAGIC 7S Pro, released in 2022. Its square design is refreshing and feels great for a gaming phone. It feels premium, and despite its gamer-y accents, RGB, and fan, it looks elegant and stylish. I think this is one of the best, if not the best, looking gaming smartphones on the market today. Europa: Österreich, Belgien, Bulgarien, Litauen, Kroatien, Luxemburg, die Republik Zypern, die Tschechische Republik, die Niederlande, Dänemark, Polen, Estland, Portugal, Finnland, Rumänien, Frankreich, Slowakei, Deutschland, Slowenien, Griechenland, Spanien, Schweden, Irland, Ungarn, Italien, Lettland, Malta und das Vereinigte Königreich.Like on previous REDMAGIC devices, the gaming-specific features are here to stay, including the various plugins already enabled in settings. Users can manually enable, change, or disable them on a per/game basis, enabling them to add crosshair and other neat features to shooting games, and disable the 520Hz shoulder triggers when playing Candy Crush. Equipped with the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, advanced cooling system, and some dedicated gaming features, the Redmagic 8 Pro offers an excellent platform for gamers thanks to its outstanding performance and very reasonable price. While many issues have been fixed with this iteration of Redmagic OS, the software experience still needs to improve beyond the quality found on budget Android phones. For example, I've come to rely on Google Pay on my phone more over the years, and its absence is irritating. The number of crashes I experienced was also worrying, and while I expect some of these bugs to be ironed out post-launch, they are still frustrating. Charge separation will also be a welcome addition to gamers who prefer playing while plugged in, reducing the heat and the chances of the device throttling – this method uses the power straight from the adapter. The battery never draws any power, reducing the heat output, and providing a more comfortable experience. Haptics

That’s not to say they’re unusable. Not at all. With some good light you can capture nice shots, and the night mode does a good job of allowing you to take pictures where the light would normally be too dark (so long as you can lean the phone on a flat surface to hold it steady). There is an oversharpening of the images in dark mode, but that’s not uncommon as the software is working hard to pull everything it can out of the picture.The phone is slightly smaller than last year's version, but thanks to a reduction in bezel size, it boasts the same size screen of 6.8 inches. The sharp angles can sometimes be a little uncomfortable to hold, but this shouldn't be noticeable with a case. Nubia has cornered the market on budget gaming phones, but if you['re willing to shell out a little extra, the Asus ROG 6 offers a little extra oomph. Alternatively, if the price of the Redmagic 8 Pro is what caught your eye, last year's Redmagic 7 is still a reliable gaming powerhouse.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment