276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One Day With You: THE NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

At the same time, Max’s best friend Noah Clark said goodbye to his wife, Mya, blissfully oblivious that he would soon discover the woman he adored had been lying to him for years. When Tress Walker waved goodbye to her husband, Max, on his way to a conference, she had no idea that soon she would be going into labor. When her water broke and contractions began, she could not reach her husband. He was not answering her calls. The story is told over the space of just one day and it’s difficult to imagine how much actually happens in that 24 hour period, but Shari low manages to capture the highs and lows of life.

One Day With You by Shari Low | Goodreads One Day With You by Shari Low | Goodreads

The story follows 4 friends Tress& Max and Anya& Noah. Tress heads into early labor right after Max heads off on a business trip with Anya. Why can Tress not get in touch with Max...I'll tell ya why, cuz he's hitting it with his bff's wife and they're not really where they told their spouses they would be. So if you can get past the infidelity your heart really breaks for Tress & Noah. Hey Mr. Right’s out there, however can she actually find him? And what if he’s moved from the ex-girlfriend that said goodbye? I really loved Nancy. I think she’s my favorite character. She has become an honorary aunt for Tress, who doesn’t have much family to call on for help, and she has known both Max and Noah their entire lives, having been neighbors for decades. While the world seems to be imploding all around the other characters, it seems Nancy becomes the calm for everyone, balancing everything out. I also enjoyed the plotline where Eddie is concerned. Although Nancy doesn’t regret the relationship and marriage she’d had with her recently deceased husband, there had been points in her life where she had questioned what life would have been like, had she chosen Eddie instead. This was an entirely, depressing, complex and sadly true novel, for people who know someone or have experienced the tragedies, highs and lows in their life, as such the characters do in this novel. One Day with You - two fateful goodbyes, two unexpected hellos, and 24 hours that change everything. (Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads.)

With or Without You” is a stand alone novel that was released in the year 2018. Two stories, two lives. One decision is going to change it all. Have you ever made a life altering choice before wondering if you had made the right one? Shari Low has cemented herself firmly in my list of auto-buy authors! Time and time again she amazes me with her ability to share a moving journey through her genuine and layered characters. She takes the worst of human nature and mixes it with a situation we’d never want to experience and then presents us with a gripping story we can’t set down. In this case, an avalanche of emotions is set off by the repercussions of a single choice - a choice that was made in secret and intended to be kept a secret. Readers watch the unravelling of four lives on a collision course with destiny; a terrible accident caused by deception and a regrettable choice. Told over the course of 24 hours, 2 couples have their lives radically changed. As summed up on Goodreads "One Day with You - two fateful goodbyes, two unexpected hellos, and 24 hours that change everything." I can't say it any better than that.

One Day With You | Shari Low

I don't believe either the cover art or the comments on the cover reflect the true nature of this book. To me they suggest a lighthearted read. One Day With You is anything but. Although the book blurb goes into a bit more detail I don't think I can say more without becoming spoilery. Suffice it to say that Tress goes into labour unexpectedly and Nancy goes to her school reunion to meet her childhood sweetheart who she hasn't seen for fifty years. I did find myself confused at times, forgetting who was married to who, but the cast list at the start was so helpful! From regrets, the what ifs, and fate. Paths converge. The author delves deep into human insights. From friendship, infidelity, past loves, and forgiveness. A rollercoaster ride of emotions. You will laugh and cry. The supporting characters added a bit of laughter blended with sadness and grief.

I loved Nancy and Val’s relationship- and the support and love they both provided Tress was beautiful. There are numerous perspectives in this book and several main characters. I thought it would be confusing but the author started with a character overview section, which must have helped because I was never confused. I think she named the characters well enough too to eliminate confusion.

Shari Low (Author of One Day With You) - Goodreads Books by Shari Low (Author of One Day With You) - Goodreads

And living alongside the two couples, their recently widowed friend, Nancy Jenkins, is getting ready to meet Eddie, her first true love at a school reunion. Will Nancy have the chance to rekindle an old flame, or will she choose to stay by Tress’s side when she needs her most? My only tiny gripe would be the way that one character’s evolution comes to fruition, in a way that I felt might have been too abrupt. I wanted to see more from the potential fall out with relationships–to see where things would go, to see how this character would deal with things going forward, but I didn’t get to see that. Despite it, though, One Day With You was an amazing and thought-provoking experience, with a lens inside of the human condition. It was a definite five-star experience! Sigh...I expected a lot from this, but so far I only learnt that no one becomes happy except for one elderly couple in this book. That is it. And that life is only but one sad metaphor of existentialism. The characters weren’t deep or layered. What you see is what you get. This actually helped the plot from being overcomplicated or intense. I prefer books with contained emotions, so this worked for me. (The emotional quotient will vary for each reader).

Another aspect I liked was the age gap between Tress and Max. It wasn’t highlighted or used for the plot. It was what it was. ( Tress is older than Max by 6-7 years). Val: Age 66. Nancy's friend since they met at primary school. She is married to Don, the love her life. He now has dementia.

One Day With You: THE NUMBER ONE BESTSELLER Kindle Edition

Tress, love,' she blurted. 'I just need a word with the wee one.' She leaned forward so that she was speaking to Tress's bump. 'Son, I know you're probably comfy in there, floating about without a care in the world, but if I could ask a wee favour. Could you hurry up and get ready to slide down that shute the second yer daddy gets here, because Aunty Nancy has a party to go to.' The Story of Our Secrets” is a stand alone novel that was released in the year 2021. Colm O’Flynn was loved by his close circle of friends and family, but his death came much too soon for everybody to make peace with their own past. I loved how every chapter was a character's POV. There were times in this book, I found myself thinking "No, no, no, no, no!" and others where I felt various emotions. This book was equal parts gripping, tense and emotional. It's heartbreaking but ends on a hopeful note. This is one of the most emotional books I have read in a long time. I felt so terribly sad for the kindhearted Tress, who is about to give birth to her long awaited baby. And poor Noah, trying to stay strong for everyone but especially Tress while she is in labour and being an honest friend after the baby is born. I felt so much anger towards Max and Anya and their selfishness that destroyed lives. The Nancy storyline was fresh and funny. I was literally laughing out loud at her antics with Val. It was also nice to read about a late in life romance. I loved how this story has wonderfully fleshed out characters and how they acted like real people and the conclusion was very true to life as well. If you enjoy books that evoke many emotions, have lots of drama, and a bit of romance this is the book for you. All. The. Stars. Shari Low's ONE DAY WITH YOU is a highly emotional, gripping journey of One day. 24 Hours. Two couples. Five people who will have their lives changed.Thank you to Boldwood Books and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. I listened to this one through Hoopla and I was impressed with the narrator. The emotion she showed when she was Noah speaking to Max in the hospital was really something.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment