276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ZWEIHANDER RPG: Revised Core Rulebook

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Needless to say, I very opposed to this provision and view as unnecessary for any program except those that are focused on sharing setting IP like Traveller's Third Imperium or WoTC's Forgotten Realms. Celebrated as Best Game and Product of the Year at Gen Con, ZWEIHÄNDER RPG is a dark fantasy tabletop role-playing game. Using an intuitive D100 system and modern design principles, it’s easy for Dungeons & Dragons and tabletop RPG fans to learn and play. ZWEIHÄNDER also offers enough crunch to satisfy veteran gamers, making a dynamic alternative to craft your own dark fantasy campaigns. Using its unique profession-based system, you'll create grim & perilous characters unlike anything you've ever experienced before. Mana: For Archmages or Elementalists, high Corruption respectively restricts spellcasting or prohibits it altogether, causing their Karma Meter to double as a Mana Meter.

ZWEIHANDER Fantasy Horror RPG: Starter Kit: Starter Kit

Extreme Omnisexual: The Grendel want your women. They also want some of your men... and the children. Plus the occasional farm animal (though the Grendel really don't like the offspring of that particular breeding). Gangbangers: The campaign seed Gangs of Kahabro adds the option of roleplaying medieval 'Work Gangs'.The best part though? Remember how I said Zweihander involves a lot of ethics and internal struggle? It turns out there is a very specific penalty for witnessing an ally’s unexpected death. In this case, each player got 6 corruption and the equivalent of two levels of exhaustion. The more corruption you have, the higher the chance is that you get a chaos rank at the end of the session, and it peaks at 10. As for a chaos rank, well... that’s what leads to things like insanity and substance abuse. My design intention: the argument whether Zweihander RPG is OSR isn’t ours to make, but our fans believe it’s an OSR game. The OSR was one of the design principles when it was written, influenced by Maelstrom and other older games that hadn’t been revived at the time.Thus, why we categorize it as OSR.

ZWEIHÄNDER RPG - Roll20

Zweihänder was created by Daniel D Fox, who has since co-created several RPGs based on the Zweihänder gameplay system including Flames of Freedom, a roleplaying game set during the American Revolutionary War. The art direction for Zweihänder was co-created by Dejan Mandic & Kyle Latino, with graphic design from Sierra Stanton and the cover illustration from Samuel Araya. Publisher: Iron Crown EnterprisesRolemaster Spell Law For over four decades, Rolemaster has been the definitive fantasy role-playing game that combines realism and depth without sacrificing playability. Rolemaster Unified is the next evolution drawing upon the best elements of previous editions to create a streamlined and consistent game. Rolemaster Spell Law is the spell system of […] There’s lots to talk about when it comes to unique aspects of Zweihander, but I’ll start with a few unique points when it comes to dice and rolling that I generally like:ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is a bloodier, grimmer and grittier version of classic tabletop role-playing games you may already familiar with. The community calls this style of gaming the pathetic aesthetic, but we simply call it grim & perilous gaming. Character creation in Zweihander is very in-depth. I mentioned the tables for randomly-generating your character, above. A few more tables I didn’t mention, already: there are random tables for your character’s height, weight, build, and social class. This sounds really cool at first, but just think about it. It’s the kind of thing that’s really neat in a video game, but details like that in a TTRPG are a bit (way too) much. To be very forthright with you though if you’ve never before heard of or played Zweihander, in my experience, most people would never play more than 1-2 sessions of this RPG before calling it quits. So at this point it looks like a basic roll under system. With opposed tests we get a mechanic called Degrees of Success and Degrees of Failure.

ZWEIHANDER Games - Zweihander RPG, Tabletop RPG

Gamer Network Limited, Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DN, United Kingdom, registered under company number 03882481. So yes, I managed to undo half of my campaign and push three player characters towards alcoholism, insanity, and crippling pyromania, using nothing but one (1) random encounter and official rules. I still don't like any community content program being associated with the OSR label, but if the no devritive clause is absent then I will just grumble to myself. With releasing my own open content as my "statement" on the matter. In contrast the Community Content Programs of OBS have a different permissions with a different set of conditions. One of which, non derivative work, I have serious issues with along with actively advocating it removal for any CCP where the focus on sharing a set of rules not a setting. Characters advance by entering a series of professions that provide access to a series of new or improved skills and bonuses to primary attributes. The profession system reflects the late medieval/early Renaissance setting of the game and gives an idea of what a character might have been doing either before or during their adventures (such as a preacher, coachman, courtier, inquisitor, merchant lord, rat catcher or sellsword).Zweihander does not have fast-paced combat. It’s gritty. It’s cool. But it’s complex, extremely dangerous for your character’s lifespan, and doesn’t move fast at all. When it comes down to it, I think it’s the snail’s pace of the “immersive hard-core combat” that really makes the game boring for me. Made of Plasticine: Not as bad as Dark Heresy due to the lower power levels, but there is some nasty stuff on the critical hit tables with the highest level cleaving the offending body part right off/right in two. Gold–Silver–Copper Standard: Zweihänder has a similar monetary system, albeit based on Old British Money: 12 copper pennies to the silver shilling, 20 silver shillings to the gold crown. Confusing as hell for anyone who grew up with decimalized money (basically everyone who isn't a Brit or an Irishman born before the mid-60's) It is, as previously mentioned, fairly crunchy ruleswise, but I find it less so than WFRP 4th Edition. If you're looking for something light & fast to play in The Old World, this is probably not the system to go for. The game is all about promoting roleplaying, as the designers feel that the act of roleplaying gets lost in many other tabletop RPGs. I agree with that sentiment. Also, the emphasis on roleplaying improves the overall presentation of Zweihander as everything in the book is customized for players to better roleplay their characters.

ZWEIHANDER Games - Tabletop RPGs, Rpg

Publisher: Iron Crown EnterprisesRolemaster Core Law For over four decades, Rolemaster has been the definitive fantasy role-playing game that combines realism and depth without sacrificing playability. Rolemaster Unified is the next evolution drawing upon the best elements of previous editions to create a streamlined and consistent game. Rolemaster Core Law is the cornerstone of Rolemaster […] Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG, Gamemaster's Folio by Daniel Fox, Andrews McMeel Publishing 2019. ISBN 1524858773 Vancian Magic: Obeys the first law, but not the second and third laws. Also comes with the caveat that every spell has at a chance of driving the caster insane, causing chaos manifestations or bringing down divine punishment, successful or not (the more dice you roll to cast a spell, the greater the chance). This is the first in a short series of articles on Zweihänder. If you missed the introductory post you can find it here.https://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001217483-Grim-Perilous-Library-Content-Guidelines Body Horror: Chaos corrupts; what drives the point home better than waking up one day with a face growing out of your armpit? When fighting in Wytchstone tainted environment, don't breathe in. license, reproduce, print, publish, distribute, translate, display, publicly perform and transmit your Work, in whole and in part, in each country in the world, in all languages and formats, and by all means now known or later developed, and the right to prepare derivative works of your Work.The implication of the above is twofold, the first is that you can't bring an existing work or existing open content into a worked released within the Grim & Perilous Library. Second, any work you release first within the Grim & Perilous Library, you lose the right to use it outside of the program even if you remove all of the Zweihander IP. Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: As noted, cynical. Although not as cynical as say, 40k. The random roles system will provide players with less of a party of adventurers than a band of ugly thugs. Combat is brutal and a high-risk affair, a misroll during spell casting may consign your soul to hell. Firearms (of the general arquebus variety) are similarly risky; a misfire can easily kill a low to medium level character. More likely, however, is a misfire that destroys the weapon and all its ammunition... and that is pretty likely, but you can still earn your happy ending. The world may be doomed, but the village behind yon hill can still be saved. As I stated many times before nobody controls the OSR label. It widely known because many, including myself, adopted it as a shorthand for their own work. What it is a result of our combined work over time not of any one person or smaller group.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment