276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Husband's Wife: the Sunday Times bestseller

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, does domestic drama like Amanda Prowse and with My Husband's Wife she has given us an emotional but life affirming journey into the aftermath of a collapsed marriage. Rosie wants the best for her little family particularly as her own home situation when she was younger wasn't what she had hoped or dreamed it could be.

I thought her parents-in-law seemed to switch allegiances pretty quickly and only for Kev (Phil's brother) offering some solace she would have been forgotten about as Geraldine's reach becomes ever more entrenched on both Phil and the girls. Prowse wrote these passages beautifully; the emotions are raw, conflicted, and always feel very true-to-life. She knows that sometimes couples are too tired for sex and we all have money problems sometimes, don't we? The blurb does suggest that Phil takes the children and I kept waiting for this to occur (not that I was looking forward to it or would relish a mother losing her children) as I thought this would happen instantly. But when her husband unexpectedly leaves her for another woman and takes the children, she must ask the question: what is left in her life?I felt like they were very much at the centre of the action, without being aware of it, and it's always interesting to see the reaction of children to sometimes very adult events that are occurring in their world. She had never been inside a jail before and this often hair-raising experience helped inspire her Sunday Times bestselling psychological thrillers, Blood Sisters and My Husband's Wife . Amanda Prowse is an author at the top of her game, head and shoulders above all the rest and from the frequency and calibre of her books this is a position she firmly intends to uphold for quite some time. The plot whizzes by incredible fast, packing so much trauma into the pages, but with the characters being one dimensional, I didn't have empathy for any of them.

When I become involved in a story to the extent that I develop an intense dislike for th As the story unfolds the reader feels the sadness, despair and loneliness emanating from Rosie as her support system too falls away. Rosie married her best friend’s brother, Phil, whom she encountered on one of his trips back from overseas with the army.Many might question why this would be enough for a person, being a wife and mother - is it realistic someone would be like that? I wanted the BIL to be the new man in her life but when nothing happens till well, almost the last page, I gave up all hope. New romantic liaisons are formed, as are legal ones, none of which will surprise the careful reader .

But, the grieving process isn’t something you can dictate and Rosie went through the stages appropriate for her. I'm always impressed when I feel so many different things when I'm reading a novel, which is where the beauty of this story lies for me. I must admit that I did find it hard to warm to the main characters, as they didn't appear to have many if any redeeming features but I guess that is representative of real life, where you can't expect to like anybody and everybody. From the first moment I met Rosie and her daughters, Naomi and Leona, who caused me to laugh out loud repeatedly throughout my reading of this novel, I knew I'd found a family unit I'd grow to love.I suppose Rosie's own childhood and how she feels about the past slightly affected how she dealt with the present. Eventually, she starts the process of moving on, but mind you it wasn't a conscious decision, more like she allowed the currents of life determine her destiny. The only person who has always been there is her best friend, Kev and Phil's brother; he may be the only person that truly knows her and has truly loved her. Yes they have the regular ups and downs like any couple married for a number of years and juggling children and work and financial matters but Rosie thinks her world is complete and Phil accepts her for who she is. Two beautiful and voracious children, a marriage that's made it for twelve years, and a lovely house by the sea.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment