276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Soul to Keep: Duskwalker Brides: Book One

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

By slow, I mean there were a lot of scenes of Reia and Orpheus' day to day life and so much inner dialogue with Orpheus and Reia constantly questioning themselves and mentioning how much they like each other. I’m glad I listened to it and I’ll probably think about this story (well, the first half at least) for a while, but I won’t continue the series. This year, Reia is chosen, yet she finds that this 7ft tall demon creature Orpheus isn't as bad as she'd expected.

Or when Reia wakes up with his face between her legs because he smells something sweet, and it just so happens to be her arousal from a sexy dream. Chapter after chapter, as they start to fall in love, I found myself also falling more in love with them. Imagine writing the sentence ‘They came in many sizes, which informed their prey if the monster in front of them would guarantee their death or not. If just once Orpheus had given Katerina the choice to leave, it would’ve come across differently—but he didn’t.The Duskwalker Brides series is still ongoing, and I understand that there will be 8-9 books in the series. This ultimately pulled me out of the story one too many times, but what is unworkable for me may not register for someone else. In one of the first physical scenes between Reia and Orpheus the author includes misinformation about what a hymen is, as well as the harmful purity stereotype that revolves around it. But as someone who's not into the hardware and mechanics of all that, once they started actually having sex, I lost interest. Reia is seen as “bad luck” and is being sacrificed to a Duskwalker (a demon able to walk in the light) to keep the village she grew up in safe.

Reia had found heaven in the Veil, and it was given to her by the cock of a Duskwalker that was fucking her into oblivion. And the world building was done so well without feeling like I was smashed over the head with exposition. Quite frankly if a random bit of world setting wasn't dropped more than halfway through the book I wouldn't have had any clue what sort of time period this book was set in. One moment she's waxing poetic about our other MC Orpheus and then the next she's denying any feelings for him.

Look, Orpheus is so sweet, but I’m not down for an animal skull headed dude nor am I into a penis that has tentacles that can retract inside the body. And I’m not like ohhhh I can’t handle that, but it was just done so nonchalantly, it felt almost comical to me. Somente após este período é que será cobrado automaticamente o valor da mensalidade, utilizando o método de pagamento cadastrado. Opal Reyne is an Australian Author who has been a fan of the Adult Paranormal Romance genre from the moment she picked up a book of it - and has never looked back.

Duskwalkers “eat” their humanity - as they eat humans they learn and gain capabilities like the ability to do magic. I also want to mention that I was disappointed (and a little befuddled) by the author's approach to the first intimate scene. He came closer, pressing his mouth down until she could feel the four long front fangs slipping around the back of her neck.In A Soul to Keep, there are two main characters in the book: Reia - a human girl and the FMC, and Orpheus - a Duskwalker (or a Mavka) and the MMC. Orpheus is the sweetest monster of all time who just wants to be good and do Reia right, but also is tempted to eat her. Her character exists only to make Orpheus sad and to make Reia look better by comparison, and she has no consistency. I just wanted more depth and better flow, a more comprehensive unfolding of this world with demons and duskwalkers and a veil.

So yes, I would highly recommend this book if you're in the mood for something slow burn, monster-virgin sacrifice trope, cinnamon roll (with a zest).wouldn't have been as tedious if i actually felt some chemistry between the mcs, but sadly i didn't. And yet, for some reason, Katerina is still jealously possessive of Orpheus and reminds Reia that she's "just a replacement. But this 534 page standalone fantasy monster romance was - to me - perfectly paced and used every page well.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment