276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Our Fatima of Liverpool: The Story of Fatima Cates, the Victorian woman who helped found British Islam

£4.975£9.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The below table sets out the new GIAS three-digit local authority (LA) code number for the two new Cumbria local authorities: New local authority (LA) name

The Get Information about Schools (GIAS) three-digit local authority (LA) code number for the establishments at the following status have been updated to reflect the new local authority: The yearly update of data from the underlying data of the schools, pupils and their characteristics statistical publication has now been completed. Fatima would later describe that she was “in doubt as to the true faith” when she heard Abdullah speak in 1887 and had been “astonished” at the lawyer’s depiction of Prophet Muhammad, which contradicted the negative accounts she had previously heard.The following fields will have unknown and 9999 in them respectively until the Office for National Statistics (ONS) publish their revised data, which will reflect the changes to Somerset, and it can be uploaded into GIAS: He added that despite that, she might have been “forgotten” had it not been for new interest in her by current generations of British Muslims. It was with great difficulty I managed to attend these meetings, being constantly watched, or occasionally, by way of change, shut up in a room to prevent my going, as they did not wish me to become a Muslim, having been strictly brought up to Orthodox Christian faith, and it was because I declared my views contrary to theirs on Christianity that they thought I was being led away to some other faith, probably Roman Catholicism, which they held in abhorrence.

I thanked him and a few days afterwards Mr Quillaim gave me the Koran. I accordingly took it home and commences carefully reading the book. My mother, who is a most bigoted Christian, on perceiving this asked me what I was reading. In response, he gave her a translation of the Quran, saying: “Don’t believe what I say or what anyone else says; study the matter out for yourself.” An update to the geo spatial fields that are updated from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) will be undertaken shortly. Undaunted, the small cohort moved to a Georgian property on Brougham Terrace at the end of 1887 and set up England’s first recorded mosque. She said: "We did a re-enactment of Quilliam's conversion for an interfaith event a few years ago and I got asked to be Fatima. It really was literally just a paragraph I had to say, but I remember getting so into the role, it was really profound. I think it was at that point I really connected with this woman.

Frances was a socially conscious, devout Christian, and become active in the Temperance movement which campaigned against the liquor trade and the social harms caused by alcohol. By the age of 19, she became the secretary of the Association of Prohibition of Alcohol in Birkenhead, a position which eventually led her to attend a public talk on “The great Arabian teetotaler” by the well-known Muslim convert William Henry (Abdullah) Quilliam. New Office for National Statistics (ONS) Government Statistical Service (GSS) local authority (LA) code (provisional) Up until this time I had always heard Muhammed described as an imposter and a bloodthirsty man, who forced people to believe in his religion by threatening to put them to death if they did not do so. I was, of course, much astonished at hearing Mr Quilliam giving a different account of him.

An update to the geo spatial fields that are updated from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) will be undertaken soon. status of pending approval is now default on creation of an online provider establishment type record and can now be selected for online providers when editing by DfE team After being inspired by one of Quilliam’s discourses, Cates found herself immediately intrigued. As she was already questioning her faith, Quiliiam’s talk gave impetus for a new search for the truth. Astonished by what she heard, much of what Quilliam discussed helped Cates in finding a more clear and balanced understanding of Islam. The following fields will have X999999 in them until the Office for National Statistics (ONS) publish their revised data, which will reflect the changes to Somerset, and it can be uploaded into GIAS:However, her marriage was not a happy one and in 1891, she filed for divorce, a step very few women took at the time. Muslims have lived in Britain since at least the time of the British Empire, which included more than half the world's Muslim population by the 1920s. With wealthy Muslims studying at universities like Oxford, Arab camelmen travelling in the circus, and sailors working in port cities like Liverpool, the city had one of the earliest Muslim communities in Britain, and the first actively spreading its message to the wider community. rename DfE service reference of the School Performance service to Find and Compare School and College Data in England (FSCP) The lives of these amazing early British Muslims will continue to inspire contemporary Muslims and the legacy of the first Liverpool Muslim community lives on in the work of The Abdullah Quilliam Society. It would be great to see Fatima’s biography and other trailblazing British Muslims made into movies or television series. Her position led her to a talk by Abdullah Quilliam, a local lawyer who had converted to Islam during a trip to Morocco. Image caption,Abdullah gave Fatima a translation of the Quran and told her to “study the matter out for yourself”

Old North Yorkshire Office for National Statistics (ONS) Government Statistical Service (GSS) local authority (LA) code The following fields have had X999999 added to them until the Office for National Statistics (ONS) publish their revised data, which will reflect the changes to Cumbria, and it can be uploaded into GIAS: By his side was Fatima, who became "a pioneer in that community" as the first treasurer of the Liverpool Muslim Institute, opened at 8-10 Brougham Terrace in 1889, according to Ron Geaves, a former professor of the study of religion at Liverpool Hope University who wrote a biography on Quilliam in 2010. Fatima Elizabeth Cates (1865-1900) was a founding figure and leader of Britain’s first mosque community, as well as its first treasurer. One of the earliest women to convert to Islam in England (in 1887), Fatima showed great courage and fortitude in overcoming great opposition from society and her own family to call people to the faith by word and by example. Read more about her and the lives of the other early Muslima converts she influenced in this first ever biography dedicated to our Fatima of Liverpool. This will trigger changes to the Get Information about Schools (GIAS) three-digit local authority (LA) code number for the establishments that will be at the following status on Saturday 01/04/2023:The following fields have had X999999 added to them until the Office for National Statistics (ONS) publish their revised data, which will reflect the changes to Somerset, and it can be uploaded into GIAS: Once the Office for National Statistics (ONS) publish their post local government reorganisation data we will do a service wide update for the following fields where required:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment