276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Story of the Orchestra: Listen While You Learn About the Instruments, the Music and the Composers Who Wrote the Music!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Examples of Music: Haydn's "Concerto for Trumpet in E Flat," Mozart's "Horn Concerto No. 1" (French Horn) It’s giving all of us a much more educated listening ear, with leads to a greater appreciation for what we are hearing. What else? "Basso continuo" isn't just the bass; it's the chordal (typically keyboard) part as well. Information on the trombone "played with seven fundamental slide positions called pedal notes" is off-base and confused. No mention of the pipe organ. No mention of baritone horn, euphonium, alto horn. Xylophones do not have metal bars. The endpapers are not drawn to scale, so flute, alto flute, and bass flute all appear around the same length. I might quibble that the basset horn doesn't need to appear with the modern woodwinds (E-flat sopranino and E-flat contralto and BB-flat contrabass are far more commonly used). Examples of the music in the section of strings: Bartok's "Concerto for Viola and Orchestra," Rossini's "William Tell Overture," and Saint-Saens "Carnival of Animals" I will give you some of the interworkings of this book...BUT not all, I promise!! There is just too much!! The Table of Contents will give me a board from which to jump off into this sea of music:

Oiya, ada banyak fakta mengejutkan yang saya dapat dari buku ini, contohnya Debussy yang terinspirasi oleh alat musik gamelan dalam acara Paris Exposition pada tahun 1889 sehingga menghasilkan musik baru! (ini maksudnya gamelan..gamelan Indonesia?! woww.. kalau bener dari Indonesia, berarti musisi Indonesia di tahun 1889 udah go international. PR banget buat saya nyari tau tentang gamelan). I personally found the book to be a bit boring. Frankly, I never asked, nor wondered, how the orchestra came to be. I'm more interested in what the orchestra is now and the pieces of music that they perform. However, I can appreciate the historical context and also what can be described as the rapid evolution of the orchestra in less than 500 years. An Extraordinary General Meeting is held at which the Orchestra agrees that ‘no further symphony concerts be given until the termination of the war’ due to financial difficulties. Sunday League Concerts at the Palladium continue as these are paid for by a promoter.

Summary

Subtitle: Listen While You Learn About the Instruments, the Music and the Composers Who Wrote the Music! LSO Live wins a Grammy Award in the Best Opera category for Verdi’s Falstaff, conducted by Colin Davis.

Exciting update for 2021. The Magic Flute is an exceptional addition to the collection and just as wonderful as the rest. Perfect if you’re looking for a gift for a book lover. You can also use the external lift near the Artists' Entrance on Southbank Centre Square to reach Mandela Walk, Level 2. Sir Antonio Pappano is named as the next Chief Conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra, becoming Chief Conductor Designate in September 2023, and Chief Conductor from 2024. We record Concerto! with Michael Tilson Thomas – a major TV series made for Channel 4 with Dudley Moore, which wins an Emmy Award. Classical Music Start-Up Kit for Homeschool– Vol I & II offer a simple introduction to classical music with listening CDs and accompanying instruction manuals.Kayanya abis baca cerita tentang Hydn, saya jadi ngefans deh. Karena dia itu gurunya dua komposer hebat : Mozart dan Beethoven. We are the first British orchestra to be invited to perform at the Salzburg Festival, conducted by André Previn, Seiji Ozawa and Karl Böhm.

One day, two brothers discover a magical animal kingdom behind their bookcase. They are greeted by the royal lion with his shaggy mane; ask for directions from an old lonely turtle; take a ride on some lumbering elephants; topple a skeleton of dinosaur bones; and swim among a school of shimmering fish. If only they could take them all home... The Orchestra visits Vietnam for the first time – the first British orchestra to do so – for an open air concert in March, performed to around 60,000 people. Pierre Monteux becomes Principal Conductor (1961–64) at the age of 86, stipulating a 25-year contract with a renewal clause. Talk to a member of staff at the auditorium entrance if you have a disability that means you can’t queue, or you need extra time to take your seat. They can arrange priority entry for you as soon as the doors open.Star Wars is released, with a score by John Williams, performed by the Orchestra. Trumpeter Maurice Murphy first plays with the LSO on these sessions.

The Story Orchestra series brings classical music to life for children through gorgeously illustrated retellings of classic ballet and program music stories paired with 10-second sound clips of orchestras playing from their musical scores.

Examples of music on CD: Bach's "Suite No. 2 for Flute, Strings and Basso," Albinoni's "Sinfonia in G Major for Two Oboes," and Dukas' "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" (bassoon) After reading the book we played the full length pieces of some of the ones Floss really enjoyed. She also wanted to learn about some of the instruments. The London Philharmonia Orchestra have a great series on YouTube that give you a wonderful introduction to different instruments. We looked at a few – Floss’ favourite was the flute. They are a great series to refer to when looking at instruments. We also used some mini models of instrument s too. These are so cute and Floss enjoys using them to form Orchestras and bands with her toys.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment