276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Empire of the Damned: 2 (Empire of the Vampire)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I never thought I'd find such peace in simple reading. The words were a kind of magic, taking me by the hand and sweeping me into lands unseen, times unremembered, thoughts unimagined. Through all my years in San Michon, all the blood and sweat and darkling roads I walked, I learned one of my greatest lessons sitting in that Library with those girls in the still of the night.

Empire of the Damned: (Empire of the Vampire Book 2 - WHSmith

This is daring and risky of Kristoff, but no, the style of the framing narrative is not the main issue I had with this book. I am a fan of framing narratives; seeing how the details of the legends explored and achieved often felt satisfying to me. And I believe this storytelling style should be featured more prominently in the fantasy genre. I mentioned at the beginning of this review that I experienced both hell and heaven reading this book. So I'm going to start with the bad experience first. There is no easy way of saying this: I hate-read the majority of the first half of Empire of the Vampire. Third, and this should probably have been a caveat. I'm not big on vampire stories. But this was from Jay Kristoff, so I gave it a try. It's still not my favorite sub-genre, but I would say Empire of the Vampire is much more than a vampire story. And I am grateful that, for all of their fine manners and sartorial elegance, these vampires are still nasty, evil, horrific villains. As vampires should be. So far I can honestly say this is the best thing the author wrote. And I want to read the rest of it ! The world building, the clear, dark, wild, haunted depictions, emotional depth of characters are pure perfection!i got about 25% in before i realised my ARC was only an extended sampler and, because of that and personal reading preferences, i am going to hold off until i have a complete copy. but what i did read. oh my goodness. release day cant come soon enough. Kristoff was born in Perth, Western Australia in 1973. [2] As a child, Kristoff read frequently and played tabletop games, [3] including Dungeons & Dragons. [4] Kristoff is 6'7" tall. [5] He graduated from college with an Arts degree. [6] He worked in creative advertising for television for eleven years before beginning his literary career. [7] He lives in Melbourne, Australia with his wife. Leído en inglés, será publicado por Nocturna el 19 de Septiembre, en unos días. Os animo estimadas amistades, encarecidamente, a leer esta joya. Le auguro muchísimo éxito, como ha tenido en su lengua natal.) Gabe’s story] is two sides of the same coin,” Kristoff explains. “One, when he’s young and passionate and thinks all the world is good and bright and he can be a positive force in it. And the other one where he’s gotten old and realized that things don’t always work out the way they do in the storybooks.” It concerns an ex-monster-slayer named Gabriel de León, who was once quite-the-awesome but has been having a tough time of late and has become a bit of an edgelord

Empire of the Damned by Jay Kristoff | Waterstones

But the straight relationship isn't even written that well either?? It's all over-the-top flowery euphemisms and ''oooh this is sinful isn't it??" that makes all Kindle Unlimited romance books shine a little stronger in comparison. I've read better sex scenes than the cismale viewpoint I got here and read books that did vampire sex kinks better justice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If my copy was a physical one, I’d have thrown it across the room, but it was on my Kindle and I need that. It’s the biggest book that I’ve written. It’s definitely the hardest book that I’ve written,” Kristoff says, whose previous works include the Nevernight trilogy, another massive fantasy shot through with violence, corruption, and complex stakes. “Now that I’m at the tail end of it, [I think] it’s the best book that I’ve ever written. I’m more proud of this novel than anything I’ve ever written in my life, and that’s against some pretty stiff competition.”The Nevernight Chronicles was a surprising trilogy for me. I went into it on a whim, never expecting I would like it, but I loved it. Since its announcement, especially after hearing it will be an illustrated novel, I was undoubtedly excited to get to reading Empire of the Vampire. Yes, it has been a year since this book was first released, and after all the hype, praises, and many special editions (oh so many), it's only now I can read it. The reading mood is a difficult maze to navigate, okay? More importantly, did Empire of the Vampire live up to expectations? No, and yes. My reading experience of this book felt like I experienced hell and heaven at once. Seriously, so few books I've read made me hate and love them as much as I did for Empire of the Vampire. By the way, I am also not a fan of the book or series title. Empire of the Vampire is an awkward name for a book or series; I would've preferred Vampire's Empire or The Silversaint Chronicles. But hey, that's just me. I am not the writer of this tale. I am, however, the writer of this review, and I shall begin it now.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment