276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THERMALITE Timber Fixing 125mm 100 Pack + Free Tool

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

providing you use the cheap setting tool with them and select the correct length for the application. Failure of an external insulation system can occur if pull-out loads wrench the fixing system from the building or pull-through loads cause the insulation to fail and pull over the heads of the fastener.

Restoration Products for Buildings and Construction - Twistfix

Where fire-safety is an issue, choose from the Insofast range of non-combustible insulation anchors for fastening fire-proof insulation panels, insulated plasterboard and warm roof boards to brick walls, concrete soffits and timber roof rafters.

Insulation fixings are one of the essential elements to consider when fitting insulation in a new-build scheme or a retrofit thermal upgrade system. It is applied to the wall like wallpaper and then skim finished to give it a permanent robust finish.

M6 Rigifix Frame Fixing | Toolstation M6 Rigifix Frame Fixing | Toolstation

Twistfix thermalite fixings are the quickest, easiest and best fasteners for fixing in lightweight thermal blocks. You can upload: image, audio, video, document, spreadsheet, interactive, text, archive, code, other. When insulation needs fitting externally, consider the use of stainless steel, which offers excellent resistance to corrosion. I haven't tried resin fixings and they may be brilliant but I certainly wouldn't use any conventional expanding plugs or bolts in aercrete blocks as over time they will almost certainly give way.As long as the plugs go into the actual block wall to the required depth and not just poked into the plasterboard, then the fixing will be OK. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Fixing solid composite insulation boards to the structure of a building requires fasteners more traditional sized heads.

Report fischer Test Report

This job requires M8 studs so a 10mm hole is drilled into the Thermalite block using an HSS drill bit to a depth of 85mm. Whether helical bars in a crack stitching kit, brick repair mortar or a crack injection solution, Twistfix has it all on demand. The weaker and thinner the insulating material, the greater the head-diameter or washer needed to hold it in place and to resist pull-through forces.For Airtec blocks, fixings designed especially for use with aerated concrete blocks should always be used. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below.

Fixings | Twistfix Insulation Fixings | Twistfix

So you could try out first put your bracket into postion and just drive 4 screws trough the hole into the wall and see if you cabn hang of it and pull like mad / hard and if i'm right ( which i can't guarentee i am ) it should work.The fixings drive directly into Thermalite, Celcon and Durox blockwork without any need to pre-drill the thermal blocks. Plastic plug and screws are perfectly acceptable for most medium-duty applications such as fixing kitchen units, frame fixing and external fixings. I'm told the block tends to just crumble and can't take much weight, what's the best way to go about this? Thermalite blocks are quite brittle and can be easily drilled or cut producing a lot of dust when worked. The advantage of using plastic insulation fixings is that they help retain the insulation values of a building by mitigating potential heat loss at fastening positions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment