276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BROTHER LS14 Metal Chassis Sewing Machine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Most manufacturers choose the front-loading option, the difference between the two is with a top loading bobbin you can see the thread in the bobbin, this helps with keeping an eye on your thread just in case of snags or running low on cotton. Threading the bobbin is incredibly easy with instructions actual printed on the machine. You don't have permission to access "http://www.argos.co.uk/browse/sports-and-leisure/sewing-machines-and-accessories/sewing-machines/c:30677/brands:brother/" on this server. Another handy feature for beginners are the thread guides, these are arrows on the machine which basically guide you on how to thread the upper thread.

Best Sewing Machine Brands For 2023 - Which? Best Sewing Machine Brands For 2023 - Which?

The Brother LS14 is a really great place to start if you’re a novice sewer or wishing to start a new hobby with a beginner’s machine. This model was introduced to Brother’s range in 2011 it’s small and relatively lightweight with easy to use instructions and a simple threading system. I do think a complete beginner would struggle the first time, but with the manual and a few practice attempts, I think you’ll be fine. A four step buttonhole stitch helps to create a precisely sewn buttonhole on your fabric of choice, simplifying projects that require such precision.

Frequently Asked Questions about Brother LS14 Sewing Machine

Stitch types on the Brother LS14 include: Straight Stitch, Buttonhole, Decorative, Zigzag. The buttonhole process is a 4 Step Buttonhole. 4 step buttonholes are created in stages and are a more manual process than 1 step buttonholes. In September and October 2022, we asked more than 1,300 Which? members about their sewing machine and their experience of owning and using it. We covered everything from durability and general performance to value for money.

Brother LS14S Sewing Machine Review 2022 - 2023 Brother LS14S Sewing Machine Review 2022 - 2023

I think its slowest speed is manageable, but it’s still faster than computerized machines. If you want something that can go really slowly, here’s what I recommend instead. Slow speeds are useful for careful tasks like topstitching. In our review of the Brother LS14 we will be taking a closer look at each of the individual features and seeing how they measures up in terms of quality and value for money. I prefer the buttonholes that computerized machines make. They look neater, they have more styles, and the machines automatically “tie-off” the ends to stop them unraveling.