276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blood of Dragons (The Rain Wild Chronicles, Book 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is also good to see all the trilogies come together in a sort of understanding that takes your mind back to key points from other stories. It just about manages this, with the fate of one character being very satisfying, and a game changing set piece also. I was as eager to leave as the Dragons and their keepers and always speculating on what would be found far up the acidic river, and how the tensions between the uneasy keepers and their various dragons (all of whom like Smaug himself have quite overwhelming personalities, (not to speak of Alise and the Tarman's crew), would change, grow, dance and stretch under the rigours of the trip. My only complaints about Blood of Dragons are that certain elements of the plot feel under used, or that we didn't spend enough time with certain characters or situations to really derive the impact from them we should.

To access your ebook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose. When the duke was briefly introduced in City of Dragons, I hoped finally we would get more than a one dimensional view of Chalced as this generally nasty misogynistic, slave owning, family murdering society.We do however get a slight revisit to some old Bingtown characters that draws the story to a nice close and yet again the story is left open to come back to. Many setups from the earlier books are finally paid off beautifully, and the more annoying elements of the series get resolved as well. Her initial works were published in small press 'fanzines' such as Space and Time (editor Gordon Linzner).

Something I find fascinating in Hobb's writing is her use of the traditional "journey" structure for a fantasy story. One reason I believe I might not have had the issues with Dragon Keeper which several other people apparently did, is that I found the setup for the journey up the Rainwild River a truly compelling one. Chasim's introduction also to me felt as if it rather cheapened the suffering of Selden, indeed I almost feel that this was Hobb trying to show that however bad men have things (and what Selden goes through at the Duke's hands is pretty horrific), women always have it worse. I don't think I can think of any other author whose plotting, style and ability manages to sustain such consistently outstanding quality for quite as many books set in the same world, I don't even believe Hobb's barrel has a bottom, let alone one she will ever need to scrape. I finished this book sad at having to say goodbye to these characters, but even more eager to read Fool's Assassin, the first book in the next series in the Realm of the Elderlings, Fitz and the Fool.Her husband Fred continued to fish Alaskan waters and was home only about 3 months out of every year. Apparently, it was worked on by thirty separate weavers, each of whom would weave six inches of the picture at a time, and worked only from a tiny charcoal sketch just showing that portion of the whole picture.

Any images belonging to the author should be regarded in the same way as the previously mentioned written content and should not be used without permission. I’ll be interested to see, when I reach the end, whether it was really necessary to have read all of them.And I think you are spot on with your observation that where The Rain Wild Chronicles fall off compared to her earlier work is that, when everything is said and done, they do not deviate all that much from the standard Epic Fantasy quest model. As I found the pages dwindling, I wondered whether we were even going to see the battle, or whether it was going to happen off-stage, despite being (surely? Even if it leaves a couple of threads hanging slightly, there's no denying it makes a beautiful tapestry out of the Rainwild Chronicles and one which should grace the wall of any fantasy reader.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment