276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Therapist: From the Sunday Times bestselling author of books like Behind Closed Doors comes the most gripping psychological thriller of 2021!

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not making light of therapy. It’s a beneficial and healthy treatment for most people and their well-being. They decided to make the jump and move in together after Leo buys a house in an exclusive, gated-community called, The Circle, in London. As lovely as it is, it's a far cry from Alice's little cottage in the country. BUT-Alice exasperated me! She could talk herself into ANYTHING to justify some “not so smart” choices that she made. I thought this book was ok but did not love it. There were a few tense moments as the thrill and danger surfaced. The plot was good with some interesting twists, if not a little predictable, and the pace is perfect for that easy beach read. Thank you to St. Martin’s Press for providing me with a widget of the ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This book will be available: 7/13/21.

The book is a collection of insightful case studies and over 80 essential tips for beginner psychotherapists. Leo turns. “Has everybody arrived, Eve, do you think? Alice is worried she won’t hear the bell from the garden.”

Alice feels compelled to help Thomas, and becomes convinced the actual murderer lives in the circle. So Alice tries to surreptitiously question the 'suspects' during coffee klatches and lunch dates.

I met Eve properly the day after I overheard her and Tamsin talking outside my window, and I instantly liked her. It wasn’t just that—unlike Tamsin—she seemed eager to get to know me and Leo, it was also that she was warm and caring, understanding that it wasn’t easy moving into a street where everyone already knew everyone else. She and Will only moved to The Circle eighteen months ago, so things are still relatively new for her too.Thank you to St Martins Press for the physical review copy! I am already looking forward to what this author comes out with next! The pace accelerated towards the end – finally! – and included a couple of satisfying twists, one red herring, and some cleverly planted clues, but it was too little too late I'm afraid. The book follows an easy-to-read approach and touches almost all aspects of motivational interviewing. Besides facilitating psychotherapy, this book is also a recommended read for professionals working as leaders, managers, or corporate recruiters.

The author has cited examples from real-life Emotion-Focused Therapy sessions to facilitate a better understanding of the topic. It was still above the average reading. I still don’t think it deserves two stars. I could give four or five if Alice’s character could be portrayed more realistic. At the final chapter, we got some answers about her obsessive behavior and reasoning behind her actions but most of her actions were still over exaggerated. Alice and Leo’s relationship dynamics were also meaningless; they don’t communicate. The only common thing about them is their obsession about the house! The Circle is the setting, and we seem to go round and round in circles with the unrelenting Alice seizing every opportunity to slip into her detective guise and interrogate the neighbours. It got a little tiresome and repetitive at times as Alice never let up on her search for what happened to the previous owner.Geldard, K., Geldard, D., & Foo, R. Y. (2017). Counselling children: A practical introduction (5th ed.). Sage.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment