276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Scary Smart: The Future of Artificial Intelligence and How You Can Save Our World

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm going to give this book an extra star because I felt at heart Mo seemed like a reasonably nice person. Including regulating our environment and economy and everything else computers currently do, and a whole lot more that we simply can’t predict, because we won’t be the ones inventing it or even making it anymore.

As I think about AI’s capabilities – the good, the bad and possibly terrifying, I realize how serious this moment is in history for humanity. The vast array of overlapping skills he possesses and a breadth of knowledge in the fields of both human psychology and tech which is a rarity we're then out to good use - creating Scary Smart. AI is ingrained into our daily lives to such a degree that anyone not familiar with the topic would surely underestimate just how much. I particularly liked how he managed to make complex technical topics digestible for the average reader.The growth on the next chip in your phone is going to be a million times more than the computer that put people on the moon.

It’s not just about the tech itself, but also about the human element and our relationship with these intelligent systems. uses ellipsis and mid line placement to stress what it thinks are important points, like an 8 year old’s creative writing.The hypothesis is rationale, however the author has adopted a mainstream journalistic approach to tell the story and pain the picture of AI. So we should treat AI as our children and behave towards it as we behave towards our children, by setting a good practical example to follow.

Should we keep exploiting the promises of deep learning or should we imbue machines with both knowledge and data using a hybrid approach? But the addition of QC means that AI will likely be BILLIONS of times more intelligent that humans, within our lifetime. In fact, the reason I’m deducting 2 points from this otherwise pretty entertaining, engaging and thought provoking book is because the solution Gawdat proposes is (for me) deeply unsatisfying, and about equally as implausible. With AI, part of the ethics question, and hence leading by example, is not its application but rather the application itself. Mention is made of Portal, "one of the earliest mainstream games to feature a female avatar" - not at all, Dungeon Siege I played as a female since 2002.We in this age have a moral responsibility about what we put out there on the internet because a smart child is watching and will soon grow up and its applications will be everywhere that it will have access to all that we put on the internet! First he tells us about the development of various AIs, narrow and general, and explains what they do. The book also presents theories on how to deal with our inevitable fate of AI taking control of our world.

Scary Smart approaches the topic of AI from a basic, thoughtful viewpoint that addresses sci-fi/horror scenarios and utopian ideals as well. I’ve been diving into quite a few books about artificial intelligence recently, and “Scary Smart” by Mo Gawdat truly stood out. Gawdat’s method of recapping with such easy-to-remember soundbites helps to move his argument along at an exhilarating pace. Having read 'Homo Deus' by Harari earlier this year, I felt that he summarized the topic at least as effectively as Mo Gawdat has done here. Outside of work, when he’s not writing or reading up on business and the latest technology innovations and trends, Mo spends his time drawing charcoal portraits, creating mosaics, carpentry and indulging in his passion for restoration of classic cars.

Gawdat discusses Alpha Go as a case example of a self improving deep learning approach to AI that dusted the best human GO players as an appetizer (in case you don’t know, GO is a ridiculously difficult and complex strategy game that makes chess look like checkers). If You Enjoyed This Episode You Must Watch This One With Mustafa Suleyman Google AI Exec: https://youtu. Scary Smart explains how to fix the current trajectory now, to make sure that the AI of the future can preserve our species.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment