276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Callanetics [Official DVD] - 10 Years Younger In 10 Hours

£4.975£9.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Callanetics is a series of stretching and contracting exercises that activate the body's largest muscle groups, using tiny, gentle, precise movements, called pulses. They are done very slowly in what I call 'triple slow motion', reaching deep into the muscles to give you a strong, firm body, without adding bulk. Theoretically, cycling should have worked, practically, it did not; theoretically, Callanetics may not work, but practically, it did. I think there are so many little things involved in weight loss that no "this works for all cases" theories can be made. Otherise there won't be so many people with vain weight loss tries, ehh?

Hi. I'm a fitness instructor/aerobics instructor. According to the way i was trained, using the full range of motion is ideal, and no one even mentioned Callanetics. According to my practical experience however, Callanetics is brilliant and it works fast. It also gives you the urge to do more aerobic excercise...as it makes you feel all springy and energised. As her program was recorded in the eighties, there are a couple of things to bear in mind that we know now. I think we should all try to remember the obvious when dealing with exercise regimens, systems, styles, programs and routines. One of the reasons there are so many different kinds available, is because no one routine is comfortable or effective for every single person out there. Our bodies havedifferent requirements andlevels of comfort whenapplying anysort of exertion. To make the statement that one kind of activity is better than another, for any reason other than personal preference and personal experience is both unfair and unrealistic. BasilLeaf, that is the photo that's keeping me motivated! Though how true these claims are, I can't help but be a little sceptical...how about you? To believe or not to believe... Should I just not even count Callanetics in MFP just to be safe that I'm not overestimating? You don't work up a sweat, but you can definitely feel it the next day. The book is super though, and includes a few moves that are not on the dvd. Also, the extra written instruction, along with the modifications will no doubt prove useful to me, so I'm really glad I bought it!With regards to the bum exercises, I know what you mean! I'm feeling a bit 'bummed' out about them (pun fully intended) because I don't feel they're doing anything either! It's like I feel zero connection to my considerable glutes when I'm performing them. Where as, with the thigh, arm and waist exercises are definitely doing something.

Theoretically, me, with a recent normal weight of 54 Kg and starting weight of 70 (for 160 cm), it would have been physically impossible to lose 0,8-0,3 kg on a single day. Practically that was what happened. I measured my weight and sizes with a tape daily. 1 kg loss equaled usually 1 cm on each areas. The weight loss happened in "waves" - usually it was exactly 0,3 according to my digital scale, ocasionally 0,8 even - or, if "something went wrong", then nothing at all. Was strangely "regular", but, at least happened. I kept record of everything during my "weight loss program" - initial "weight of the day", sizes of body parts (that was measured only every third day...), exercises and walked distances. However, if you do it right, it lessens considerably after about the 4th-5th occasion - the "burn feeling" is there initially, but later, you will mainly feel only how your muscles work (contraction, flexing, stretching...but not as much pain anymore). You can utilizeaerobic exercisefor the sake of your cardio health, but you need not wear yourself out running and jogging and jumping around to get a handle onweight loss. To throw around statements that suggest or implythat is the only way, is both irresponsible and misleading. With regards to the number of repetitions, Callan seems to be very eager to point out that you should only do as many as you can and work up from here - and believe me when I say it is going to be a good while before I even contemplate trying 100!I even believe that the effectiveness lies to a great extent in posture correction - as the balance of the muscle tone changes, different areas, previously neglected ones are forced to work, not only when doing the exercise but after, all through the day, and this is what helps the previous "problem areas".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment