276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Haunted Britain : a Guide to Supernatural Sites Frequented By Ghosts, Witches, Poltergeists and Other Mysterious Beings

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is a paradox to ghost stories, Robins points out, “that is simultaneously frightening and comforting. The house is said to have been the location of many sinister happenings, including child sacrifice, suicide, and black magic rituals and was also used as a hideout by criminals. The story goes that Dorothy would have to meet her beloved in secret due to their differing religions.

From playful poltergeists to headless queens, Britain’s oldest houses and landmarks are (legend has it) brimming with ghosts. As it happened he chose to cross the Atlantic on the maiden voyage of the unsinkable Titanic and the rest, as they say, is history. It's been a while since I've actually led a Jack the Ripper Walking Tour, but to be back in those old alleyways again was truly nostalgic. Buried deep beneath the ancient streets of the Royal Mile, Mary King’s Close in Edinburgh is thought to be the most haunted place in Edinburgh and one of the most haunted places in Scotland. Edinburgh certainly has a few grisly secrets around its aging cobbled streets but Mary King’s Close is its darkest.Below you’ll find what we believe are the twelve most haunted places in the UK, and if you want to explore a little more, we even list the most haunted locations in several cities, counties, and countries! The kingdom is reputedly the most haunted landmass in the world, with England as the most haunted country, reporting the densest coverage of purported ghost sightings and paranormal experiences both per person, and by geographical area.

There are grand palaces, old stately homes, lovely mansions, smaller family properties, and a fair smattering of houses that have fallen into ruin and which now stand as melancholic reminders of times long passed.If you look at the opinion poll data from that era, the notion that this was something extraterrestrial was hardly part of public consciousness at all,” says French. It was a good mile or so back to the car over the open fields and all the way I felt that I was being followed and I had to keep looking over my shoulder, convinced that I was being followed. This happened three nights in a row, and on the fourth night, it was the same sort of noise, but it wasn’t at the side of the bed – it was in the wall right behind me. While it serves a great pint, Abergavenny’s Skirrid Mountain Inn is best known for its creepy footsteps, slamming doors and whispering voices. There are said to be a mixture of tortured spirits and friendly ghosts at Chillingham Castle, with one of the most talked about being the White Pantry Ghost.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment