276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hillside Planter-Set of (3) D.I.Y Erosion Control Soil Slope-Stabilization Runoff Conserves Water ECO 1-5 Gallon

£20.61£41.22Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And drivers passing by on the road get a full view of the hillside garden, rather than only the front few plants a flat garden would afford them. WE WANT A BEAUTIFUL YARD OR GARDEN, BUT FEEL THE NEED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE PRESERVATION OF OUR PLANET. Each terraced row is on its own level and gets direct sunlight without being shaded by the row in front. A retaining wall is great for a hillside flower bed because it creates planting opportunities when you select construction materials that allow you to plant in nooks and crannies along the wall's surfaces.

This gardener made his hillside rock garden look natural by allowing the rocks to tumble and land where they may. The shell-motif lunette on top, reeded side columns, and center motif of cattails and Poseidon’s Trident. Planters are in the wrong soil: If the hillside soil has a bunch of rocks or debris in it, this can cause irrigation issues.

A rare and impressive Historic Italian 15th century Renaissance hand carved marble well head square shape with scrolls to the corners. Video shows one-gallon plant (Pride of Madeira) transplanted midway up a 40-degree slope using the Hillside planter. Wide steps that meander or zigzag up a steep slope are easier to climb than those that escalate rapidly. Look at the height you had to mock-up to make the bed level, and make sure you have enough wood to build the box to accommodate the slope.

The first involves leveling out the land and plopping a pre-made box on it, and the second involves cutting your wood and materials to align with the slope. We got a taste of how much the hillside needed to be tamed as we approached this garden up a very steep narrow road, met at the top by other vehicles that had not been able to find parking and wanted to come down. I have been thinking about it a lot since tour day and am so glad I managed to see it (and also that Allan filled in with photos of the areas I did not attain). But for a hillside planter box, I like to scale it down a bit to no bigger than 4’x4’ and stack them next to each other so they’re more maneuverable.

I like planter boxes because they are very easy to access from all sides, and all you need is wood and nails to build them.

Usually, I blend Allan’s and my photos together to describe a garden, even though we often walk through at a different pace and direction. Take advantage of a change in grade to display your favorite potted plants on the outer edges of a sloped flower bed. And you can outfit these planter boxes with cold frames in the autumn and winter months to extend your growing seasons. I will work through all of these to see a worthwhile garden and a warning, even if seen, would not have stopped me from trying. Incorporate a flower garden on the hill by selecting hillside flowers and vegetation that like to grow in crags and crevices, or on a slope, like sedum, rock cress, creeping phlox, and sweet alyssum.

To anyone just joining this blog: I have a collapsed knee (which will be dealt with this winter) and some dizziness and balance issues AND acrophobia. These contemporary demilune planters can be stacked in a straight or sweeping vertical plane or used back to back to form circles. Dirt Locker® is committed to green living by creating environmentally responsible solutions to help solve erosion, while at the same time creating sustainable gardens on once unusable land.

Install your hillside planters: install your hillside planters on a dry day and ensure there’s no precipitation in the forecast until your hillside planters are installed.This architectural element is very versatile and it will be the focal point of your landscape or centerpiece in a contemporary modern design landscape , traditional provincial , Italian , Spanish Mediterranean , French in a farm or winery etc . Homeowners, beginning gardeners, and especially seasoned women like myself are sure to find this product to be a dream come true. Although they are a lot of work initially, once they are in place, you have a functional and attractive structure. Once you’ve leveled out your land, build, and/or assemble your planter boxes and place them in the level footprint.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment