276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Who’s Lying Now?: The most thought-provoking emotional novel of 2022 from bestselling author Susan Lewis

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I could not put this book down. It had me hooked from start to finish with a great storyline and many twists and turns along the way. What a rollercoaster!’ Reader review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ A police investigation may end up turning up a ton of secrets. As the community has plenty to hide, not everyone is going to be thrilled at all of the secrets making it out to the light of day. It may very well be that everyone is guilty of something– they’re all acting like they have things to hide. As Cara digs deeper into Jeannie’s disappearance she finds the towns people are not willing to tell her any information what are the towns folk hiding 🫣& why would a woman who has a high powered job just disappear without a trace or is it something more sinister going on?

Susan Lewis has done very well in her literary career and several novels later, she only regrets that none of her books have been yet optioned to make it to the silver screen or even television as adaptations. She left television to become a novelist and did the typical thing that she thought prudent, which is to buy a home in the south of France complete with a swimming pool. Susan Lewis is an author I’ve counted on for a good read. Reaching for one of her books, I know I am guaranteed an entertaining escape. Yes, I am a fan! Who’s Lying Now, provided just that. This book is not just a suspenseful thriller, the author manages to add an emotional touch with a look at the effects of social distancing regulations imposed during the COVID pandemic. However, when almost two weeks later there has not been any word from her alarm bells started to ring. Her gorgeous, surgeon husband reaches out to locals in the small community of Kesterly-on-Sea for help in finding her when the police do not seem keen to help. Ex- detective Andee Lawrence teams up with the young, trainee investigator Cara Jakes to find out what happened to Jeannie. As Cara questions locals, she struggles to build a clear picture of Jeannie's life, but it is clear that Jeannie has everything going for her. She has a successful career she seems to love, a devoted, charming husband and a niece she adores. Why would she choose to disappear? The more Cara learns, the more convinced she is that someone in this community is hiding something, someone is lying.A great holiday read. Two stories being told next to each other with some great twists… the characters are fantastic’ Reader review, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Susan Lewis has a gift for telling warm family stories that also take you by surprise’ Jane Corry‘A gripping read’ Bella - This is an engrossing tale that is full of suspense, with a twist or two that will leave you doubting all the characters because you know someone is hiding something. I am happy to say that this book gets a 5-star rating from me. DISCLOSURE: Thank you to Harper Collins UK, Harper Fiction, via Netgalley for providing a digital ARC of Who's Lying Now by Susan Lewis for review. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own personal opinions.

MY THOUGHTS: Have you ever seen a nest of snakes all wrapped around one another, constantly writhing, so that you're never quite sure where one snake ends and another begins? That's what the characters of this book remind me of. They are all interconnected, their relationships so tangled, just like the snakes. It may sound complicated, but it's not. It's delicious and twisty and I was totally wrong in my assumptions. The first chapter of a manuscript arrives on Publisher Marina’s desk. She assumes it’s just another novel by another aspiring writer… Cara Jakes is a new trainee investigator – young, intelligent and eager to prove herself. When she teams up with detective Andee Lawrence to look into the disappearance, she is determined to find out what has really happened to Jeannie. Cara begins to question the residents of this close-knit community, sure that someone has a secret to hide.Lewis was born in the United Kingdom on January 1, 1956 in Bristol. Her father was Welsh and was employed as a miner. In addition, he was an engineer, a poet, and thinker. When her mother was twenty years old, she got her father to buy a ring in place of a motorcycle and they were all a normal happy family from then on out. THE AUTHOR: Susan Lewis is the bestselling author of over forty books across the genres of family drama, thriller, suspense and crime. She is also the author of Just One More Day and One Day at a Time, the moving memoirs of her childhood in Bristol during the 1960s. Following periods of living in Los Angeles and the South of France, she currently lives in Gloucestershire with her husband James, stepsons Michael and Luke, and mischievous dogs Coco and Lulu.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment