276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hot Tools Pro Signature Gold Curling Iron 38 mm (Gold-Platted Barrels, Pulse Technology, Long Lasting Curls and Waves) HTIR1577UKE

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Capable of creating loose waves with all-day hold—something of a personal miracle—the Airwrap has become a go-to for my type 2C curls, which have no discernible wave pattern and typically frizz up under a diffuser. The tool circumvents this by harnessing the Coanda effect, an aerodynamic phenomenon by which fast-moving air will closely follow the shape of a nearby surface—in this case, drawing in the hair around a rotating barrel. While the initial usage required a bit of trial and error, as I’d never before used a curling wand, the movement and volume it delivers has made it an everyday device—a revelation for me, who otherwise relied on a wash-and-go style. When it comes to heat damage, prevention is better than a cure. “If you know that you use a lot of heat on your hair, make sure a hair oil and a hair mask are a regular part of your hair routine,” says Reed. If you have ultra-fine or damaged hair, you will want to select a curling iron that offers a low styling temperature. “Excessive heat will damage the cuticle further,” warns New York-based hairstylist Alwyn DiGregorio. “Lower temps with smaller sections will work just as well as higher temps and bigger sections.”

The only downside of this tool is the temperature gauge — there are almost too many options to choose from and we’re still not exactly sure what some of the settings do (we’re talking to you, Boost mode). That said, we loved the results that we got from this tool, and the price is hard to beat. Erinn Courtney is a Los Angeles-based celebrity hairstylist whose clients include Eva Marcille and Trevor Noah. No matter how many safety features are put in place on a curling iron, you still need to keep an eye on the temperature — especially with fine hair. Extremely high, direct heat can be very damaging and even singe off your hair. When it comes to fine hair, Celebrity Hairstylist and Co-Founder of Trademark Beauty, Joseph Maine, suggests using an iron with customizable heat settings because "typically, fine hair does not need high heat." Though many irons are programmed to reach 400 degrees or more, he recommends setting your iron between 340 to 380 degrees.If you’re new to using a curling iron, you might find yourself getting tired while styling — they’re often so heavy that you end up getting a vigorous arm workout along with a head full of curls. Even though this tool is a premium and well-made device, it feels incredibly light (the lightest we’ve ever tried), making it a breeze to hold (an especially important quality for neophytes) as it works to give hair a lasting curl with minimal frizz. With the emphasis on functionality, you can tell that Hot Tools is serious when they say 'built by professionals, for professionals.' Power and Wattage Product Specs: This set features three ceramic barrels that use the brand’s Rapid HeatIQ technology across five heat settings.

Though this curling iron worked beautifully across all hair types, the clamp wasn’t quite tight enough to fully secure our fine strands and the baby hairs sometimes slipped out. With a few spritzes of a dry shampoo or texturizing spray that have some hold and grip, we were easily able to touch up our curls. Review: “I’ve been using this set for years now, and I love how it comes with a range of barrel sizes that give different looks. To touch up face-framing curls that are being uncooperative, I use the smallest one to blend in with my natural texture (which is a 3B/3C curl type). But when I’m going for a ’70s-inspired moment, I’ll size up and brush it out a bit to channel Donna Summer.” — Erin Parker, contributor Product Specs: This wand features a tourmaline-infused, ceramic barrel that reaches temperatures from 310 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re even somewhat interested in hair care, there’s a good chance Chi’s rotating curling iron has come across your TikTok FYP. It draws hair into a rotating chamber, timing each section for consistency. There’s also an auto-off feature and an 11-foot cord—plenty of length for any home user. Product Specs: This heated brush uses T3’s Rapid HeatIQ Technology to style hair across three heat settings.There’s no one right way to style hair, but few tools are quite so versatile as a curling iron. Whether you like your curls tight and coily, loose and wavy, uniform and polished, or textured and messy, using a curling iron makes it easy to create a vast array of looks with one simple tool. Review: “I always love options, and I’ve got plenty with this set from Drybar. I’m sometimes a little skeptical of hot-tool sets because the options often don’t work equally well, but that’s not the case here. Each one is easy to use and heats up to the perfect temperature to keep my waves set for an entire day. As long as I pair it with a good heat protectant, my bleached, highlighted hair stays in healthy shape.” — Sarah Y. Wu, contributor A good hot tool—be it a hair straightener, blow dryer, curling iron, or one of the new hybrid multitaskers—can transcend routine and become a quiet revelation. Even air-drying diehards, wary of heat-induced damage, would be wise to reassess the category, given the technological innovations that make it that much easier to gently finesse the hair. It is, after all, a moment to relish stylistic versatility. At the same time we’re seeing a wholesale embrace of natural texture, there’s also an impulse for short-term transformation. An intuitive, easy-to-maneuver tool can make all the difference. Temperature aside, we liked the clamp’s nice, strong grip that didn’t yank at our hair, but kept it firmly in place as we styled, while the barrel was smooth enough to slide our finished curls right off. Gold is an excellent conductor of heat, which means this curling iron doesn't just add some enviable sparkle to your styling routine. It also will provide perfectly even heat distribution. The results are consistent curls, free of frizz and long-lasting. And you thought gold was just for your jewelry box!

What We Love: This device from Shark offers similar technology to the Dyson, along with unique attachment options to choose from, at half the price. Why We Like It: Laura Polko, the pro behind Emma Chamberlain’s 2022 Met Gala hair, notes the recently launched T3 Edge is great to curl curtain or traditional bangs. While this heated brush certainly offers uses beyond curling, thanks to its heated edges and ceramic surface, she believes this is a versatile styler to even reach close to your hairline and scalp. “Then you can wrap sections around the brush as you turn, creating a wave. You can also use it to turn ends under or flip out.” Yes, you read that right—the Professional 24k Gold Extra-Long Barrel Curling Iron has a 24k gold styling surface. The gold coating makes it easily the most beautiful Hot Tools curling iron of the three we've reviewed in this guide.With the unique removable clamp, this iron is actually a two-in-one: It can be used as a traditional curling iron or as a wand to achieve a wide range of styles. While we enjoyed the duality, if the clamp wasn’t correctly attached it fell off mid-use and snagged our hair. When we took the time to secure it, it was smooth curling. Product Specs: The ceramic-coated iron offers a pre-set styling temperature of 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Why We Like It: Invented by celebrity hairstylist Sarah Potempa, the Beachwaver is a rotating curling wand that’s particularly simple to use—especially for a novice. The tourmaline-infused, extra-long barrel can rotate to the left or right for glam waves, defined curls, and everything in between. Most hot tools will break when used with a power converter abroad, but because this tool offers dual voltage, we were able to safely style our hair while traveling outside of the country. If we could change one thing about this nearly perfect curling iron, it would be the awkward button placement. There is just one button to power the iron on/off and to change the temperature (pressing and holding for a few seconds turns it on/off and simply hitting it, even softly, adjusts the temperature) and it’s unwisely situated right where you hold the handle. A mild annoyance is a small sacrifice for the fabulous curls it gave us.

Product Specs: This tool uses Coanda airflow to style hair while keeping temperatures under 302 degrees Fahrenheit. Graham Nation is a celebrity hairstylist and educator who counts Venus Williams, Emma Chamberlain, and Maddie Ziegler as clients.Review: “This curling iron has the perfect 1.25-inch barrel to create the imperfect waves I’m looking for. And I love that it has multiple heat settings so I can use the middle temperature without frying my hair.” — Elizabeth Denton, tester Review: “Before I cut my hair into a bob, I had a thing for mermaid waves, especially in the summer. I had never tried one of these multi-barrel curlers, but I love that all I had to do was sandwich my hair between the clamp, instead of turning my hands like I would with a traditional curling iron.” — Andrea Navarro, commerce writer

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment