276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Candy Cadbury Dream Smooth and Creamy White Chocolate, 180 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sad news for chocolate lovers as 2 fan-favourite bars are to be discontinued – after more than 60 years. According to recent activity on social media, the beloved chocolate bar will be available for a limited time at British retail chain B&M.

We know fans will be disappointed to see it go, but this change will enable us to focus on our best-performing brands, as well as develop exciting new innovations to delight our consumers’ tastebuds.'

However in 2022 in Australia, This was Cadbury Dream's fourth rebrand, retiring the old Cadbury logo that the wrappers had used since its launch 22 years earlier. The new style featured a new logo in line with the Cadbury's 2020 logo, above the white chocolate piece on the new wrapper in 2022 is 2 glasses of milk pouring on it to match the Cadbury Dairy Milk bar's new wrapper in 2020. Let me just start by saying Wow thou can't get a better chocolate than this and today a is the first time I've had it in 8 years as I live in the uk and we don't get it here. Although the announcement is certainly exciting, there are definite downsides to the news. For one thing, it seems that the offer is a B&M exclusive, so you’re options are limited if you don’t live near a store.

Cadbury discontinued the original Dream bar in the UK after its initial release in 2002. Despite an attempted rebrand in 2019, under the new name Cadbury White, the bar never developed more than a cult following in Britain. Public pressure worked for Turkey Twizzlers too, so there’s always hope if missing your favourite becomes too much to bear. I used to have these as a treat when I was younger, being the best white chocolate id ever had I was gutted to find it gone from the UK. The best chocolate i have ever eaten. And although its no longer in the UK i can still buy it at affordable prices! We are very sorry to disappoint fans of Caramac. There has been a steady decline in its sales over the past few years and we had to make the difficult decision to discontinue it.

Comments

Considering you can get a 360g bar at Tesco for the same price, this is clearly not a cost-effective offer. Still, for a bite of limited time only sweet nostalgia, it could definitely be worse. The, quite frankly, heartbreaking news comes as the manufacturers announced that sales of both have 'steadily declined' over the past few years, with Nestlé making the decision to pull the products altogether.

Nestlé Vice Versas, the ninth most-missed chocolate, also had a few chances for resurgence after leaving stores in 2005. The half-milk and half-white candy coated chocolate balls had a real cult following, yet they failed to return permanently after a short stint in 2012. The Cadbury White was available exclusively at supermarket Asda, but disappeared from shelves leaving fans devastated. I can confirm that Animal Bar is also being delisted due to the low performance of the product and a steady decline in its sales over the past few years.' 'What sad news to wake up to'And finally, number 10 on the list was White Maltesers, which have now been discontinued for almost 10 years. In third place is the Mars Delight Bar, which was much-loved in its four year stint on supermarket shelves from 2004 to 2008. Fifteen years later, fans are still longing for their return. However, the bar’s limited success in the UK doesn’t reflect its popularity around the world. The bar continues to be a staple part of the Cadbury lineup in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, for instance. READ MORE: Homophobic reaction to Creme Egg advert gets shut down by Cadbury and LGBT+ charity

Dream (Cadbury White in the UK) is a brand of white chocolate by Cadbury. It is no longer manufactured under the former name in the UK, though it is still manufactured in this form in Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. It is similar to a Milkybar, which is made by Nestlé. Some of the difference between it and Milkybar is that "Dream" uses real cocoa butter, is slimmer than the Milkybar, and the Milkybar uses puffed rice. [1] Cadbury also released 'Cadbury White Giant Buttons' and plan to release 'Freddo White Treasures'. [ citation needed]Never really liked white chocolate, still don't but had animal bars all the time as a kid,' said a second. This chocolate bar is amazing, I love white chocolate best. This bar is creamy, sweet and so generous in size! Lasts slightly longer than a normal bar of chocolate would, thats saying something lol I've also bought a bar for a dear friend of mine who loves white chocolate too. They were very pleased.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment