276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Model 6117: Doors & Windows

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 4×5 dimension for doors was so successful, it became a standard door size and also used for train doors, the 6-pain door, as well as 4×5 clear glass doors.

Kids love these bricks, everyone can have a go at making something and letting their imagination run wild. The primary goal of the Bricks and More theme was to provide sets that were centered around basic building. But I'm afraid we've lost our beloved 5-high doors, where I hoped they would continue to exist next to today's doors. The door required no additional clear plastic or a frame, and it was molded in numerous colors including black, blue, green, light grey, red, brown, white, yellow, and even navy blue and pink. Es un juguete muy conseguido, robusto e imaginativo, como casi todo lo de Lego sencillo y buenísimo para desarrollar la imaginación y trabajo en equipo de los niños y si se tiene/compra el set de tejas, el set de ruedas y un set de ladrillos de 300 o 600 piezas ya tienen la diversión asegurada para varios años.This European Windows/Doors Retailer Box image is from Chapter 43 - LEGO Service Packs and Individual Part Sales from my LEGO DVD/download. The 4x5 would fit in perfectly on a farmhouse or on another more rural type building, whereas the new 4x6 door has a more contemporary look. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure, DUPLO, the FRIENDS logo, the MINIFIGURES logo, DREAMZzz, NINJAGO, VIDIYO and MINDSTORMS are trademarks of the LEGO Group. not really a good present unless you give them all as a set, as you cannot make anything with any one of them, however if your kids like making houses and you don't have enough roof tiles, or they like making cars and you don't have enough wheels etc.

I think that there is no "perfect" height, which means that each door has it's uses; the 3x4 door looks great in Bill Ward's camper, and the 4x5 door is good for smaller, more derelict buildings. i like the new bigger door as you can make a lot of combinations with the frames and the panels lot of colors and possibilities. Over that last few years Doors and Windows has been a particularly good investment for Bricks and More collectors with an annualized growth of upwards of 9. In my view, doors need to be tall enough for a minifig to pass through; this isn't always the case with a 5-high door, when steps/tiles/big hair are taken into consideration.And since Denmark, Norway and Sweden had some of their own local production (in Billund, Oslo and Lerum respectively), there were some LEGO items produced that TLG Denmark was not even aware of since Norway had their own LEGO production until 1961, and Sweden was a hodge-podge of gettting LEGO parts from Norway and Denmark. To enable personalized advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies.

All things come to an end, and while LEGO city fans soon found themselves spending hours building their new modulars, their minds quickly forgot about the well-loved 4×5 door. While some children on the block got quite good at “fig flicking”, how realistic was a door that’s smaller than the average minifig? In 1956 LEGO windows/doors started having studs on top (the classic LEGO windows/doors of 1956-86), and each of the windows/door types was one brick shorter. Very interesting to see those colours, I have loads in red and white but I don't think I have any of those colours and can say that I have never seen them before. I cannot mention realism as a deciding factor for me since I don't MOC in a "proffesional" way and extreme accuracy and realism is something that's not my target when it comes to LEGO.

LEGO complicated the matter even more when they introduced the maxifig that was more than twice the height of the 3×4 door. There are never enough (and often no) doors and windows in the basic Lego boxes, so I thought this would be a great supplement to her Lego collection. I have a plethora of 4x5 doors in all versions (glass, four-six pains, variety of colours etc) and I just love them. Best thing is that you now can put flat bricks in front of doors and they will still be able to open. Kids and families can all learn to build in new and imaginative ways with the LEGO® Classic 11004 Windows of Creativity set, featuring a colorful selection of LEGO building bricks, eyes, wheels and hinges, plus a wide range of windows and doors for creating fun models.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment