276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Passion For Angling - The Complete Series

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This celebration of angling and Britain’s freshwater world started its planning and research stage about four and a half years ago. Martin Bowler and I started production on July 22nd 2007, when we filmed our first “impossible”, the catching of a giant barbel of 15lbs 7ozs from the Great Ouse. Joining him is that ace angler Martin Bowler who I call the “Tiger Woods of angling” because when it comes to catching fish he gets so many “holes in one”. I set our seventeen targets for the films so high that I described them as “impossible” but Martin and Bernard, along with a galaxy of eccentric friends caught almost all of them. Martin, Bernard and our friends caught eleven of our seventeen “impossibles” during our four years filming, with the other six only a few ounces short, but whatever your ambition, remember that you are meant to enjoy the quest and that fishing is just a bit of fun. The first introductory film will be completed by early April 2011 andwill use Dorset's River Allen as an example of a prime chalk stream and attempt to show interaction between species and how the food chain works. Trying to make the local Wessex communities aware of the importance of fresh water would be a major goal.

A Passion for Angling DVD - River Reads

Martin and I have given our time free for the past four years and the films have been self-financed. This has been a gesture of gratitude for the enjoyment we have had from angling since our childhood; we hope you think our efforts are worthwhile. During the next two years I will make one full length film and several others of various lengths to help promote the work of the Dorset Wildlife Trust and to raise the awareness of the general public and children to the importance of chalk streams and their rich diversity of wildlife. Forgotten the title or the author of a book? Our BookSleuth is specially designed for you. Visit BookSleuthThank you from Sue and I, Martin and Bernard for all your support and kind messages about our series. We haven't broken even yet but we're heading in the right direction. In the meantime, we'll try to enjoy our fishing as much as we always do, and we always enjoy Sue's cake!

CATCHING THE IMPOSSIBLE Stop Press

Now the filming is all complete, I realise what a rare privilege it has been to explore the alien worlds of our wonderful freshwater rivers and lakes and to search for the mysterious monsters that swim in these landscapes of surprising beauty. I haven’t had much time for fishing in recent months but when I have escaped from the editing, it sure has been enjoyable. Roach are my favourite species and I’ve caught lots of big ones on the pole this year, with this 2lb 6oz specimen the most immaculate of several two pounders. Also, to my delight, I have discovered that my Playstation plays the films on the correct aspect, 4:3, rather than stretched horribly, like a minnow-nibbled maggot, to 16:9 as my DVD player does (with no option to change to 4:3). Then in May, fishing with a pole on a carp lake, I had seven roach over two pounds, with a best of 2lb 10oz…a wonderful days fishing as it included a 7lb 14oz tench ; I never knew elastic could stretch so far!Unfortunately there are no plans at the moment to release the product you require on DVD although the BBC are constantly reviewing their publishing list.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment