276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Draw on Your Emotions

£23.495£46.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The addition of the cards will help adults open the conversation with children/young people about difficult feelings. The book contains a new section explaining how to get the most out of combining the illustrated activities in the book with the cards to encourage truly meaningful conversations and taking steps towards positive action. However it became clear from the introduction that this book uses emotions cards which are mentioned in the descripton but nowhere to be seen. I am a founding director of a company that supports approximately 1,800 adults working in education to understand if a child has emotional developmental interruptions and what to do to make a difference.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone working in a supporting role with children, young people and individuals. This wonderful resource removes the stigma associated with poor literacy problems by allowing students to access situations via visual means.

This revised and updated second edition also contains a new section on how to use the superbly emotive The Emotion Cards to facilitate deeper therapeutic conversations. The cards will not go out of date as I imagine they will illustrate life’s difficulties that are timeless. The second edition of Draw on Your Emotions contains a new section that explains how to get the most out of combining the activities in the book with these cards to encourage meaningful conversations and take steps towards positive action. Offers opportunities to rehearse other ways of functioning by trying out alternatives safely on paper in exercises which can be adapted for any age range and ability. I volunteer as a counsellor in training and I have found this product a great resource to help clients draw on their emotions.

One has an image of a garden gate, and the other has an image of a person sleeping in a bed, with a huge thought/dream bubble above them. Dr Sunderland is the author of over 20 books in child mental health, which collectively have been translated into 18 languages and published in 24 countries. The Emotion Cards are 48 emotive and artistic images designed to help people to review their emotional life (past and present) in a meaningful and often transformative way. Helps to promote a new clarity of thought as a first step towards positive action and bring seemingly huge, unmanageable and insoluble problems into a new perspective. I work with students aged 5-13 in a school setting and I had hoped this resource would be somewhat lighthearted with a bit of an art therapy focus.Our trainees find the Draw On books very helpful in training and then also with their children - not just those children identified for special help. A very useful A 4 book for people working with children and young people with social/emotional problems. She is a First Prize award winning author, with 20 books in child mental health, published in nineteen countries. The new suggestions will take the work with children from labelling feelings without a real connection to deeper meaning to an integration of feelings, imagination and language that deepen awareness and supports emotional development.

Nicky Armstrong holds an MA from the Slade School of Fine Art and a BA Hons in Theatre Design from the University of Central England. This manual contains a series of structured "easy to do" picture exercises to help people of all ages express, communicate and deal more effectively with their emotions in everyday life. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. There are activities in this book that seem to be designed to completely break a client down emotionally before building them back up again.g. why using imagery is a potent way of supporting children to process feelings - with very usable activities that ordinary people can use to great effect with their children or with the children with whom they work. There are worksheets for many different feelings and emotions with useful guidelines on issues to raise with each each sheet which can be photocopied and used to build up a folder for the child/young person. She is a British Medical Association award winning author and has published over twenty books, which collectively have been translated into 18 languages and published in 24 countries. It has some great worksheet in it which are suitable to use with all ages right from about 6 year olds through to adults.

This book might be better for someone working with adults who have some pretty hefty issues in their past but even so, I find the activities encourage rumination and negativity. Providing a series of photocopiable illustrations, the book is a source of effective readymade material. Due to the level of functioning/comprehension/attention-span, some of the directives have not been entirely successful.

Her books, which form the Helping Children with Feelings series, are used as key therapeutic tools by child professionals all over the UK and abroad.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment