276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Family and Other Romans: a laugh-out-loud funny time-travel adventure for fans of Loki

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My Family and Other Romans by Marie Basting you might also like: our reviews of Circus Maximus: Rider of the Storm by Annelise Gray, Vita and the Gladiator by Ally Sherrick, Adventures in Time: Alexander the Great By Dominic Sandbrook, Our Beautiful Game by Lou Kuenzler, Time School: We Will Honour Them by Nikki Young and Darwin’s Dragons by Lindsay Galvin. And wait until you meet the rest of her her uncle’s raising an army, her mum’s a warrior goddess and her dad . A laugh-out-loud funny family caper full of excitement and heart: perfect for fans of Loki, Horrible Histories and Who Let the Gods Out? There was such attention to detail throughout, showing just how much time and effort the author put into creating this book. It highlights how talents don’t just have to be academic or athletic to be worth pursuing and how everyone has something they’re good at.

Marie is the author of modern fairy tale Princess BMX and wants to show children that magic is everywhere even if it’s sometimes hard to find. When she’s not writing funny fiction for children, you’ll find her supporting other girls and boys to follow their writing dreams. When her dad disappears just before the opening of his biggest LARP project so far, Livi finds herself looking for him in circumstances that almost defy belief.She learns to be brave and follow her instincts to make the right decisions that will save the world- past and present. Silvia loves her dad and joins in with all his role-play adventures with great enthusiasm, enjoying his company and expertise as she does so. Following her dad’s battle re-enactment, Silvia de Luca ends up having to follow him back in time to Ancient Rome.

I am a voracious reader and used to be a learning support assistant in a senior school for eight years before leaving to home school my now adult daughter. Suddenly Silvia finds herself half-schoolgirl, half-goddess with the fate of her entire family resting upon her. But then something magical happened and Marie finally came to realise that girls like her can do anything they want.To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. And wait until you meet the rest of her family: her uncle’s raising an army, her mum’s a warrior goddess and her dad .

A fun and funny journey through the Roman Empire and some of its better and lesser-known gods and goddesses, My Family and Other Romans catapults the reader into the enthusiastic world of modern-day historical re-enactment.What happens when you’re sucked into Ancient Rome, find out that some FAMOUS names are actually related to you and YOUVE got to save the world? I really loved how she found out the she was a demo-god and had some very famous Roman mythology characters for brothers and sisters. With Basting’s wonderfully quirky sense of humour, you get a book that will surprise and delight young readers. Hugely entertaining and educational with lively illustrations and a fun glossary, this is the perfect read for kids studying the Romans in KS2. Silvia's Dad loves re-enacting Roman battles on Hadrian’s Wall – unfortunately, he’s stumbled through a one-way portal back to ancient Rome and dragged the whole family along for the ride.

As an amazing adventure begins to unfold, Livi isn’t sure how to decide what to do next, especially as there could be far-reaching consequences whatever happens. Livi's adventures straddle the modern world of cosplay and Ancient Rome - fans of Horrible Histories will LARP this up (see what I did there?

Please put in the notes your child first name and class number so we can deliver it to the correct person. Marie Basting has pulled off a comic but poignant read with a great structure and laugh out loud lines - one of my faves: families that slay together, stay together! Whilst re-enacting a Roman battle at Hadrian’s Wall Silvia’s dad slips through a portal, dragging the whole family back to ancient Rome.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment