276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: J.K. Rowling & Jim Kay - Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, 5)

£20£40.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can't wait for the sixth book to be released and once more I applaud the imagination and talent of jk Rowling and the illustrator because their work is superb and sublime.

After ten years of working with Bloomsbury, it is with great sadness that I have to step down from illustrating Harry Potter. Two of the Harry Potter spin-off books by Rowling, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and The Tales of Beedle the Bard, have also had Illustrated Editions published in recent years.The sheer scale of this book and the wonderful richness of imagination within the writing perhaps left space for a second approach and it has been a great joy and a challenge to try and work in harmony with Jim’s pictures and to visualise some of J. I'm not going to review the story, as I hope everyone has already read it or is at least familiar with it from the films. She also supports a number of causes through her charitable trust Volant and is the founder of the children’s charity Lumos.

Now an exciting new collaboration brings together two virtuoso artistic talents, as Kate Greenaway Medal winner Jim Kay is joined by acclaimed guest illustrator Neil Packer, winner of the 2021 BolognaRagazzi Award for non-fiction. Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia and trademarks of and © Warner Bros.The series established itself as an acclaimed international hit, with fans eagerly awaiting each new instalment. Harry Potter’s fifth year at Hogwarts is a must-have visual feast featuring magical locations, iconic story moments and favourite characters, including Tonks, Luna Lovegood and more. I am extremely lucky to have been involved in a franchise that has meant so much to so many people across the world. After a one-man exhibition at Richmond Gallery he was approached by a publisher and his freelance career began.

Perhaps that off-year release in 2022 will be related to the third Fantastic Beasts movie, which is currently slated for release in Summer 2022. Despite this (or perhaps because of it), he finds depth and strength in his friends, beyond what even he knew; boundless loyalty; and unbearable sacrifice. Jim has invested so much in this series already and I was very conscious of not wanting to encroach on the stunning work which only he can do. Die Zusammenführung der literarischen Genialität mit visueller Pracht macht diese Ausgabe zu einem Sammlerstück, das auf den Regalen von Fans einen besonderen Platz verdient. No detail has been spared here, with each page lovingly decorated with different wizarding world flashbacks, from the snowy towers of Hogwarts to the hustle and bustle of Diagon Alley.

The visual content of the book is composed of a selection of iconic artwork from Bloomsbury’s four Illustrated Editions, complemented by unseen pencil sketches and preparatory studies from the Jim Kay art archive. She has also written three short companion volumes for charity, including Fantastic Bea sts and Where to Find Them, which later became the inspiration for a new series of films, also written by J. The illustrated edition of Harry’s fifth year adventure is published in hardback on 11 th October 2022. Alongside Jim Kay’s most iconic illustrations are previously unseen pencil sketches and preparatory pieces, offering a unique and fascinating insight into the artist’s sketchbook.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment