276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glittering a Turd: How surviving the unsurvivable taught me to live: The Sunday Times Top Ten Bestseller

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Feb told it was secondary breast cancer - it had already spread to my lower spine (which explained the immeasurable pain).

My third and final thank you to Kris is just for existing. Although a complete stranger I am so proud of you and everything you have done and have yet to do. I hope the next time I’m in Cornwall I can visit Beyoncé and meet you there. Lots of this book has sat with me and will sit with me the rest of my life, I have already shared quotes with all of my friends and I’ll continue to buy copies and gift them as it’s truly something everyone should read. I hope you continue to live and be happy for many years to come and when the time comes, as it will for us all I hope you know that your presence on this earth will be forever - in the work you’ve done and the minds of people like me and everyone else who has followed your journey and passed it on. When I first started reading this I almost felt a little arrogant, saying to myself “Of course that’s breast cancer!!” Then I realised the only reason I recognised those symptoms were because of Coppafeel, the resources from them I’d seen online and resources/pop ups during my time at uni. So my first thank you to Kris is for the knowledge. Kris's story should make you feel grateful for every second you're alive. It's a testament to her positivity, empathy, bravery and her unfailing sense of humour' Dermot O'Leary She is an advocate for those with a disability and additional needs, as well as being an ally to other marginalised groups in society. Rosie is truly a force of nature and someone we should aspire all be a bit more like. Amosun said nothing bad came of the incident. She wasn’t even that worried. However, this should not be taken as an endorsement to eat glitter—just as anecdotal evidence that it may not harm you.

The explosion left Giles a triple amputee, losing both his legs and an arm yet he returned to Afghanista in 2012 to continue his work. Since then he has continued to work as a photographer and set up the NGO Legacy of War Foundation, an international charity supporting communities and individuals as the rebuild their lives after conflict. He is a campaigner for the rights of both refugees and those living with disability. Came home Dec 23rd 2008 and went straight to GP. Saw different GP, didn’t examine me. Wasn’t concerned. Suggested I changed the pill. But instead I came off the pill. If you haven’t come across the expression before you can probably figure out what it means: shit is shit, and you can’t do anything about that, but you can sprinkle some shiny crap on it and pretend that it’s something else. In other words, we can and do tell ourselves that our reality is pretty, even when it’s just a veneer over the underlying stinkiness. This episode is supported by BetterHelp. Learn more and save 10% off your first month at BetterHelp.com/GAT

Badly burned in a caravan fire when she was just a baby, Annie Price was then taken into care and lived a life thinking that she knew the truth of the fateful fire that had scarred her. Only when making a documentary on her life did she discover what really happened, reconnect with the fireman who saved her and laid to rest some of the guilt she had carried.

We love hearing your Turds so please do share your story of how you've glittered your turd, send a voice note or WhatsApp to the Turd Hotline >>> +44 (0)776 923 7544 From hosting the award winning podcast 'Grief Cast', to stand-up, acting and soon to be releasing her new book ‘You Are Not Alone’ Cariad knows about loss and grief. In this episode she and Kris go deep into why Cariad began 'Grief Cast', the threads and themes she has discovered through speaking to her guests, and how that in turn has shaped how she sees her own grief. Last Christmas, I was working on crafts and I put some of my supplies off to the side. I made sure to put away things like the scissors and the hot glue gun where my toddler couldn’t reach. I totally thought I was in the clear until a few days later, when I was changing his diaper. Usually this is a mindless thing where you grab wipes, the changing pad, a diaper and just go through the motions.

Little did Kris know it was cancer that would lead her to a life she had never considered: a happy one. In the face of all the possible prognoses, Kris is surviving, thriving and resolutely living. Fans of Love Island might recognise Laura from season 4 of the show, but others will likely know her from her incredible sporting career as a pro surfer and model. She’d been making waves in the sporting world from her early teens, clinching the title of UK Champion at just 14 years old before deciding to retire at 21. Her writing is honest and brutal, and it needs to be. If people take away one message from this book , it should be this, above all else, don't ever take no for an answer, particularly from a doctor. Question everything!!!!! Since the book’s release she hosts her own podcast and has written more articles about her experience with postpartum psychosis and the pressures of parenthood.But it’s also not clear that taking the glitter pills will guarantee a toilet bowl full of festive twinkle. This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Visit betterhelp.com/GAT today to get 10% off your first month. If you follow the high octane, high action, and the highly skilled sport of downhill mountain biking then you will know the name Tahnée Seagrave… if you don’t then it doesn’t matter, as this is an episode of the podcast you need to hear regardless. I have, over the years, integrated other treatments alongside my conventional regimen. I’ve tried all the below - and have marked the ones I am currently still benefitting from.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment