276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Wretched (Never After Series)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

just a few weeks ago, i read Hide by kiersten white - another 2022 publication featuring a ~spooky~ storyline set at a theme park ( hide is horror targeted at adults, while wretched waterpark is a gothic middle-grade mystery). after reading both of these novels, i have come to the realization that i am definitely a fan of this niche. Sure it sounds promising, all the water slides, wave pool, park food and a lazy river, but alas, that's not quite what Fathoms of Fun is all about. From the moment they buy their passes the kids realize this is no ordinary park. Also known as a songwriter too, Emily McIntire is extremely creative and versatile in a variety of different areas. The written word has always compelled her from a young age though, especially with her love of Harry Potter as a child. Currently writing to this very day, she also has a child, as she continues to put out on both a regular and consistent basis. The night was starless and very dark. Without any doubt, in the gloom, some mighty angel was standing, with outstretched wings, waiting for the soul.

I found Wretched to be a badass dark romance that will stretch the limits of your morality, open your eyes to hidden depths, and will fascinate you with the connections to the Wizard of Oz. It’s a magical dark edgy romance that will get your blood to pump and your heart to race and keep you enthralled from beginning to end. In 2020 Emily McIntire would write and publish her first novel, and she would fast become a hit with readers from around the world. This debut book would be a romance titled ‘Beneath the Stars’ and it would also be the first in the ‘Sugarlake’ series of romantic novels. There would be four novels in this series, with the third and fourth being released the following year in 2021. I also really enjoyed all the other characters, especially the people from the waterpark. I think they are all extremely interesting and I love the fact that there’s some kind of mystery that surrounds them. They really reminded me of the Addams Family and I hope to see them again in the next books, especially Aunt Saffronia. Hugo certainly takes his time setting up the main action, with a long introductory section on the Bishop (Myriel) before we get to the main character, Jean Valjean. But for some reason it works, so that by the time Valjean arrives on the scene, we have a sense of the place he comes to and the reactions he'll face. Even then, Myriel stands apart from the others in his generosity and kindness, such that the other characters don't even comprehend his attitude. Which of course says as much about contemporary attitudes toward ex-convicts as it does about Myriel himself.This is about these two kids who are sent to their odd and mysterious aunts home (who's home seems to be frozen in the past.) Their aunt isn't very good with kids and had no idea how to care for tiny humans. So she decides to send them to a gothic themed water park. A water park that is not only weird in its own right but there is something off about it. Something not right. And it's up to the kids to figure out what that something is. Tantos sentimientos y profundas reflexiones, Victor Hugo no las hace sentir contando la vida de Jean Valjean. Él es condenado a cinco años por robarse un pan para sus sobrinos que tenían hambre. Sin embargo, esa condena resultará siendo de diecinueve años por intentos de fuga. El problema, surge cuando al terminar su condena se encuentra una sociedad que lo rechaza por ser un preso, hasta el punto de no venderle comida o darle posada, a pesar de poseer dinero. Después, el obispo Myriel, mejor llamado monseñor Bienvenu, le cambiará la vida transformando todo ese odio que siente por amor; lo que provocará, que Jean recorra un viaje cruel pero hermoso en el que se cruzará con diferentes personajes que también tienen historias llenas de sufrimiento pero muy bien desarrolladas, tanto así que pueden ser de una persona real. Esos personajes serán importantes no solo en el desarrollo de la trama, sino para enseñarnos mucho sobre la vida. Los personajes se sienten tan reales que te acostumbras a ellos y a medida que avanzas quieres conocer más de ellos, quieres que sean felices, quieres que no vuelvan a sufrir más y quieres que quienes los persiguen o los odian, los dejen en paz y se alejen para siempre de ellos. Los personajes son perfectamente desarrollados. Entre esos personajes encontramos a Javert, Fantine, Cosette, Marius, Gavroche, los Thénardier, etc. Cada personaje es presentado en profundidad y algunos será imposible olvidarlos por el resto de nuestras vidas. The upbringing of James Hook was a difficult one filled with trauma and abuse, as he attempts to deal with his past. Dealing with the horror as an adult, Wendy Michaels manages to calm the darkness inside him, as he attempts to make sense of it all. A game of cat and mouse develops between them, as he attempts to put the darkness behind him and move on from it all. Will they manage to overcome it all, can they face the future together, and what will happen with Wendy once she’s hooked?

However, several alternatives have been used, including The Miserables, The Wretched, The Miserable Ones, The Poor Ones, The Wretched Poor, The Victims and The Dispossessed. Jean Valjean was a prisoner of 19 years for stealing a loaf of bread to try to feed his sister and her seven children. They don't care if people or kids starve to death and going to jail for 19 years. Wow! Jean only heard of news one time of his sister and the youngest child working and going to school. No one knows what became of the rest of the children. Then if that wasn’t enough, Valjean even offers his nemesis forgiveness. He sees Javert for the product of society that he is; he looks at him and only sees pity rather than hatred, which would have been a much easier emotion to experience. Valjean does what few men would have the strength to do, and in the process shows his true inner-strength. Javert was fully responsible for his actions. He is a pitiable character. To his cold, singular, narrow-minded, law based logic, Valjean was a simple criminal. Nothing more, nothing less. Javert cannot look beyond the surface. He dedicated his life to preventing this villain form getting away. In this, he is as much a victim as Valjean. When he eventually realises the true errors of his ways, he is broken. He is no more. Javert is not the real villain: it is society. Thanks to Delacorte and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC in exchange for my honest review. Wretched Waterpark was released on June 7, 2022.Let's say that I could choose a single book with the guarantee that every man, woman, and child would read it. I would not choose my top three favorites, nor would I choose the one whose remnants are permanently inked upon me. I would choose this one. You argue, the length! The time period! The cultural barriers! It's just another long expounding by some old dead white guy whose type has suffocated literature for centuries! Women will be frustrated with poor representation, people who aren't white will be angered by no representation, and everyone will bored to tears! Alright, I see that. Now, let me explain. Born and raised in Boulder, Colorado, in the United States, Emily McIntire would grow up with a keen love of both reading and writing. This would develop over time, allowing her to establish her own style and approach to the written word, creating something relevant to her. Drawing from numerous other writers, she would show a great sense of flair and imagination when it came to writing. The main characters, Jean Valjean and his adoptive daughter Cosette, left me rather cold by contrast, as they seemed too perfectly good, too beautiful, too physically strong and mentally one-dimensional to be shaped from real life, and I am not sure Les Misérables would have ranged among my most beloved books, had the novel been slimmed down to their specific plot. The story line of Javert, whose fanatic sense of justice reminds me of later Communist anti-human radicalism, was what made Jean Valjean interesting as a character, rather than his own personality. Would he be caught or not? Thank you so much to the publisher and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book ahead of its release. All thoughts and opinions are my own. With Wil staring at her phone all day, per usual, Alexander and Theo are pretty much left to their own devices. They start to learn more about the park, including the fact that the owner disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment