276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Topping D90LE Full Balanced HiFi DAC Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC DSD512 PCM768kHz Preamplifier ES9038PRO Audio Decoder for Music Enjoyment Silver

£399.5£799.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As you can see by comparing the 2 measurements above (the second, with 122dB SINAD, being done with the E1DA ADC), this may limit the output level of the DAC. This is the best result we have gotten so far in this test from available equipment, hence it’s used as a reference point. The BDP-105D has a signal-to-noise ratio of 122 dB without weighting which is what is shown. It had 124 dB with A-weighting which we used in the previous figure. As with the last figure, what is displayed is relative to the waveform’s amplitude of -90 dB so what is shown is 32 dB. The signal level is 143 uVRMS. For a good Bluetooth codec support and stable connection, they went with the highest performance CSR8675 BT receiver from Qualcomm, that currently supports all the best codecs as AAC, SBC, AptX, AptX-LL, AptX-HD and LDAC. Bluetooth version 5.0 and that wireless booster (antenna) will make sure to play all your tunes even with two concrete walls between the source and the D90SE.

It is the most detailed DAC I've ever heard, it completely beats the Yiggy GS in detail and the Gungnir Multibit loses even more so. Agreed on the personal choice comment and I know people who prefer the ESS although, like you, I prefer the AKM. The D90SE comes in the same clothes as current class of Topping products which is just fine with me:

Topping D90 Specifications

Desktop Chain 1: Hifiman Susvara / HS8S+HS7 -> Magni Piety / A&S Forge 300 ohm tap -> Saga -> Yggdrasil More Is Better Absolute Phase Inverted -> AK SP2000 (toslink, Roon) -> Surface Pro 2017

Before we look at the furniture adorning the chassis, be assured that you do get a remote control. It’s the typical Topping offering familiar to many other Topping products that can change the volume, add mute, input selection, display screen brightness plus filter choice. To the center of the D90 rear panel, you will find all the digital inputs including coaxial, optical, AES, and USB. The standout connections include an I²S and the detachable BT antenna for its wireless receiver.

Topping D90LE review by Audio Science Review (Amir) " It is not every day that every barrier we have seen in DACs gets shattered to new levels. We are seeing extreme attention to every aspect of this design to squeeze this much performance out of this ESS DAC. Just when we though the race was over, here comes one more over achiever! " Technical characteristics Specifications HiFi audio is an industry known for constant innovation, and the same is true of TOPPING, one of the most popular manufacturers of DACs and amps. They've iterated their flagship D90 DAC three times to date. While everyone loves an upgrade, consumers can get overwhelmed by the number of available models. How to Choose SOUND:​ The following impressions were made using the high output (5 Vrms) setting with the RCA outputs disabled and the default digital filter (#3). These impressions should be treated as ephemeral and non-definitive. And if you can't afford the full zoom set, you probably will be able to earn enough to live with just this one, if it fits your needs.

Topping D90 series of desktop DACs houses a high-end XMOS USB processor chip. The D90LE is equipped with 2nd gen XMOS XU216 16-core USB processor chip. Over USB input, the D90LE supports high-resolution PCM(32-Bit/768kHz) and native DSD512 decoding. The Topping D90SE will operate as either a conventional DAC or it can be hooked up directly to a power amp and operate as a digital preamp with adjustable digital volume control. It also has two choices of voltage output for pairing with various types of equipment, 2.1 V/4.2V (RCA/XLR) or 2.6V/5.2V (RCA/XLR). These particular features, along with others such as PCM and DSD filters, Phase, BT on/off, etc, can be accessed by turning on the rear panel master switch while simultaneously holding down the front power button to enter the operating menu. Navigating the menu is done using the two front up/down keys and pressing the front power button confirms a selection. Topping has equipped the D90LE with a flagship-grade DAC chip from Sabre Technologies. It houses the ES9038Pro chipset, a 32-bit 8-channel DAC chip that provides impressive performance while decoding Hi-Res audio signals. It achieves an ultra-low distortion rating of 0.00005% THD+N values. 2nd-Gen 16-Core XMOS USB Receiver:- I²S simplifies connections between two I²S compliant devices by merely requiring an HDMI connector. For example, Cayin’s N6ii DAP has an I²S output which you can connect to the D90 input. The same is also for Cayin’s iDAP-6 streamer so technically these two units are quite compatible. Above are the same series of tests done at 24-bit/192 kHz resolution, the results are as close as to be essentially identical to the 24-bit/96 resolution tests.The D90 does have a built-in switchable power supply that can change from 110-120 50/60 Hz to 220V-240V 50/60 Hz so there should not be an issue with local power standards using the cable. There was a time when DX3 Pro was the benchmark. See how much the D90SE beats it by. It is almost left in the dust! It was a little unexpected comparing the D90 and D90SE and realizing that the newest unit sounds exactly as decompressed and ethereal as its precursor, which mind you was excellent in this department. D90 was already quite impressive in terms of scale, as it sounded as one of the widest AKM based DACs I had the pleasure of listening, yet the Sabre equipped sibling sounded equally impressive.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment