276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Perplext | Long Shot: The Dice Game | Board Game | Ages 14+ | 1-8 Players | 25+ Minutes Playing Time

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However it's worth considering that perhaps watching people play a game doesn't necessarily effectively convey the experience or excitement of playing that game yourself. Every time you complete a row or column on the 4×4 bingo board, you can claim one of the one-time bonuses from the chart below it. In this game, players are trying to create a route across a map of America, for a touring rock band to follow. If it crosses the line in a podium position then glorious multipliers are yours, and a big cash prize.

The drama of the race itself combined with throwing bets on different horses and messing with your opponents picks can lead to some raucous playthoughs. The game comes with three sets of horse cards that can be used as a set or mixed and matched giving quite a lot of variety on top of the dice rolls. It’s almost like that horse is super encouraging, turning around and going “Come on you lot, you can do it! You can opt to use any number by crossing off a wild die box, but once you have done this three times you must use an entire action to wipe the boxes clean for future use.

Once 3 horses cross the finish line, earnings are totalled and the player that makes the most money will be declared the winner. If you enjoy what I’m doing and want to support my efforts, please consider dropping off a tip at my Ko-Fi or supporting my Patreon.

Long Shot: The Dice Game takes 2009’s oft-overlooked gigi gamblefest Long Shot, and packs it into a small box. The texture provided by the many ways to earn payouts avoids the problematic social phenomenon of that design where everyone bets on the lead car and hands the win to another player. After the dice roll, each player can, if they want, bet more money on whichever horse got rolled, so every player is involved in every round of the game. And, in truth, it is a legitimate argument that if, you actually do end up really enjoying a multiplayer solitaire game then what does it really matter that the game had low/no interaction?The option to give horses you’re pulling for bonus movement when competitors are activated allows you to draft off rolls that would otherwise be useless. This is another family-weight game where you can own racers and bet on them, although this time they’re cars rather than horses. Once all the relevant horses have moved everyone gets to take one action using the number rolled on the D8 – the same number of the horse that moved. The wooden horse markers are really chunky and satisfying, and so much less creepy than the plastic ones from the original game.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment