276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stop Thinking, Start Living: Discover Lifelong Happiness (Book Artwork May Vary)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you want to live a happy life, you need to realize that happiness is not something you must attain, but something you only need to retain. Whether it’s a recent breakup or an unpaid parking ticket, overarching stress is constantly trying to sneak its way into our minds.

A 2020 study found that forcing a smile can help shift your brain toward more positive thinking [1] . If you think about what causes thinking to be so stressful and tiring, it’s often our personal convictions that our thoughts are actually true.

No matter your situation, if you're reading this article, you can find things to appreciate about your life.

Once you read such books, you can then understand what is important to you and how to achieve your goal(s). If you determine that there are no solutions or additional actions that you can bring to a situation, then choosing to accept what is out of your control and letting things go is the best thing to do. It's fine to plan ahead sensibly and set goals, but the important thing is living your life as it is now, and not worry about what is already past or what the distant future might hold. For some of us, having to relocate is a trigger and the idea of having to break with routine and go to an unknown place sets overthinking into over drive. There are so many little things you could do to expand your knowledge and cultivate that feeling that you are learning and are completely capable, and definitely good enough.

I titled this post “How to Stop Thinking and Start Living” not because I had the answer, but because I was hoping you would. Resting can include taking a nap, enjoying a walk through nature, or sitting on the couch with a good book. The content of this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. Ohh boy am i an over thinker and i have come to realize that it stops me from living life in the moment as it is. In addition to his classic, feel free to check out our summaries for Slowing Down to the Speed of Life , and You Can Be Happy No Matter What as well .

Those of us that have an emotional attachment to feeling worthy will often seek out perfection, and will think of endless ways to improve the situation. Don't fill it with anything that requires your attention to be enjoyed, such as a book or a smartphone. For those that have low confidence and need others to feel safe, seeking reassurance from others can be very triggering for overthinkers. In December 2006, Carlson died of a pulmonary embolism during a flight from San Francisco to New York, while on a promotion tour for his book Don’t Get Scrooged: How to Thrive in a World Full of Obnoxious, Incompetent, Arrogant and Downright Mean-Spirited People. Without thoughts there is no fuel to throw on the fire, there is nothing to foster the predisposition or physiological components into reality.

Even though it may seem strange to you, your thoughts and your feelings are not indicators of the real, objective reality, aka the world as it is; they are just an interpretation of it and nothing more. During his life, he was considered one of the foremost experts in happiness and stress reduction in the United States and around the world and was a frequent featured guest on such shows as Oprah, The Today Show, The View, NNC, CNN, Fox, PBS, and more than 200 other shows.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment