276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mount!: The fast-paced, riotous new adventure from the Sunday Times bestselling author Jilly Cooper

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Cooper, Jilly (16 February 2003). "Cover story: The voices for and against war". The Sunday Times. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016 . Retrieved 29 February 2016.

There's no Rivals trailer yet but we’ll be sure to post a trailer for Rivals as soon as it lands. Behind the scenes and locations on RivalsIn 1961, she married Leo Cooper, a publisher of military history books. [1] The couple had known each other since 1945 (when Jilly Sallitt was about eight), although they did not marry until she was 24 and he was 27. The couple was unable to have children naturally, so adopted two children. [23] They have five grandchildren. [24] The Coopers' marriage was greatly disrupted in 1990 when publisher Sarah Johnson revealed she and Leo had had an affair for several years, though Jilly and Leo eventually reunited. [25] [26] In the 1980s the couple left Putney, southwest London, for The Chantry, an old manor house in Gloucestershire. [1] Despite this, is fair to describe Cooper as an accomplished writer, using the plot as a conveyor belt to roll in and out characters as necessary. I did not struggle to follow the story or comprehend motivations. Cooper also understands the key aspect of horse-racing: Write about the actual racing as little as possible. Characterisation is also, generally, a strong point for Cooper. I hate nearly all of them, but she gives me good reasons to hate them.

Rupert is consumed by one obsession: that Love Rat, his adored grey horse, be proclaimed champion stallion. He longs to trounce Roberto's Revenge, the stallion owned by his detested rival Cosmo Rannaldini, which means abandoning his racing empire at Penscombe and his darling wife Taggie, and chasing winners in the richest races worldwide, from Dubai to Los Angeles to Melbourne.

Publication Order of Rutshire Chronicles Books

An ambitious and stunningly attractive headmaster, Hengsit Brett-Taylor, comes up with a plan to share his school’s facilities with Larkminster Comprehensive aka ‘Larks’. His intentions were purely financial but they changed once he met Janna Curtis, the new head of Larks. Janna’s objective is to save the school from closure. In addition, she is pretty, young, brave and enthusiastic. She is determined to do anything to save her school from closure. Apart from Octavia, other productions include the TV mini-series The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous, starring Hugh Bonneville, produced by Sarah Lawson, and Riders. [32] List of works [ edit ] Non-fiction [ edit ] I'm always left wondering whether racing people shag around this much. I suspect it's probably even more prolific than Cooper describes! Rupert will face temptation like never before in Mount! What made you choose to test him and Taggie, which is one of the most loved relationships in your novels?

Speaking of authors most loved, the opening scene of Mount! features Rupert’s great-great-great-great-grandfather in a thrilling race across the country, which will remind many of Georgette Heyer’s wonderful romances. Was it fun writing historical fiction for a change? In this book, Rupert turns 60. Don't worry ladies, he is still naughty and still sexy. Rupert is now breeding Thoroughbred race horses and it gives you a good picture of racing behind the scenes. Rupert finally learns some important life lessons and things come out very well for him in the end (I do not want to spoil it for any of my fellow Jilly Cooper fans so I will let you read it for yourself).

Retailers:

Valent Edwards says “bluddy” because he is from Yorkshire, but how else would you pronounce “bloody”? He also says “fooking”, but what accent is that? Paris Alvaston, trying to teach public schoolboy wannabe footballers how to talk common (because “footballers resent public schoolboys”), advises that they start saying “pass” to rhyme with “gas”, by which I guess one infers that the working classes of the home counties also have to adjust their accents to play football because they are only allowed to come from Leicester. Barber, Richard (7 April 2017). "Jilly Cooper: 'My books are my babies' ". The Guardian . Retrieved 29 March 2019. Rupert is consumed by one obsession: that Love Rat, his adored grey horse, be proclaimed champion stallion. He longs to trounce Roberto’s Revenge, the stallion owned by his detested rival Cosmo Rannaldini, which means abandoning his racing empire at Penscombe and his darling wife Taggie, and chasing winners in the richest races worldwide, from Dubai to Los Angeles to Melbourne.

Rupert's dream is to have his beloved Thoroughbred stallion, Love Rat, declared leading sire. His main competition is the fiendish Cosmo Ranaldini and his horse, Roberto's Revenge. While he's flying all over the world to enter his horses in the richest races of the entire globe, things at home are being overseen by his stable manager Gav (who is of course a genius with horses but tormented in love), the nurse for his increasingly senile father Eddie, Gala (of course she is also a genius with horses AND a tormented widow) and a host of other characters (most of whom are geniuses with horses and unhappy in love). Notice a theme here? In the meantime, someone appears to be sabotaging Penscombe and the horses. Hanks, Robert, "First Lady of Rutshire", The Guardian (1959–2003); 18 March 1996; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Guardian (1821–2003) and The Observer (1791–2003) pg. A4 Television adaptations of Cooper's novels are relatively few but have been accepted by national network ITV.For regular readers of Cooper's novels I am sure that many characters played major roles in previous books in the series.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment