276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Spellbound

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I do also wonder if writing a wizard(ish) book and repeatedly naming the villain as Evanna Lynne is a little bit on the nose, but also that's hilarious. Beginning in the 17th century, a new, ephemeral form of printed literature developed in France; the Bibliothèque bleue. To name a bubbly and open boy Rook, after a European crow, and an always wearing black, grumpy, and antisocial teen Sun. That’s not to say this was perfect, of course (what book is), and I had a couple of problems with the pacing.

Il romanzo non ha parti gore o descrizioni di violenza, ci sono un paio di morti ma sono cose che accadono fuori dal punto di vista da cui ci è raccontata la storia.This is one I definitely remember, and I remembered the "trick" pretty early on while reading it, but it was no less satisfying. This book was so funny and overflowing with warmth, especially when it came to the friendship between Rook and Sun. He is an exchange student from Kenya named Bala who is staying with Pam's family and he is polite, intelligent and very fit and very tall. Things go from there, as they discover how Karen died, and exactly how much they can trust each other, and all that. Magical/dystopian books are not my favorite or usual genre, but sometimes the world-building is so natural that I forget that I’m reading such a story.

Absolutní top byla Antonia, taková čarodějka potížistka, ale děsně mocná a navíc dost fancy ženská, jakákoliv scéna s ní byla mega vtipná a až vyrostu, chci být jako ona. In the Medieval period, the production of grimoires continued in Christendom, as well as amongst Jews and the followers of the newly founded Islamic faith. Non sappiamo perché, ma sentiamo che è così per come Pike ci parla di lei e dei suoi profondi occhi ipnotici. It's not for this story given where it goes, but ya know, given the overall trend it's not the most ideal. She's also seen Jason have a little bit of temper but despite all the gossip, Cindy doesn't believe Jason could be such a cold-blooded, psycho killer.A questo, si aggiunge ovviamente anche l’aura di Christopher Pike stesso, che è uno scrittore notoriamente specializzato in thriller e horror, e una copertina dell’edizione italiana che oltre a essere bellissima, è davvero minacciosa. As a parent reading something written for younger people, I loved this reminder that it's okay to admit that you need a trusting adult when you're not sure what to do next. They found no bear tracks and it's much easier to assume that Jason murdered Karen and planned to bury her out in the woods. It has solid writing and character bits early on, and goes into some wild directions that were mostly fun. If you're a fan of Owl House or satirical, humorous fantasy, cozy fantasy or just plain good stories, you need to pick this up when it comes out on April 4th!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment