276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo Book 5) (The Trials of Apollo, 5)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Camp Half-Blood's forces stay at the Tower to help rehabilitate the Imperial children after the years of abuse they endured, but Apollo has to go defeat Python. Using the Labyrinth, he reaches Delphi in minutes. At the troglodytes' encampment underground, they decide that Will, Nico, and Rachel will go with the troglodytes to disable the vats and alert Camp Half-Blood, while Meg and Apollo surrender themselves to get closer to Nero's fasces, the source of his power and immortality, and destroy it. However, it is revealed that Nero already knew of their plan. Lu's hands are cut off, and she and Apollo are thrown in prison, while Meg is forced by Nero to go to her old room in the Imperial Residences inside the Tower of Nero. Book Genre: Adventure, Childrens, Fantasy, Fiction, Greek Mythology, LGBT, Middle Grade, Mythology, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult Once a teacher, always a teacher,” he says. “But the good news is, I still feel like I am a teacher. I just have millions of kids in the classroom now. And I don’t have to mark the papers, which is nice.” I was no god. I would never be the same old Apollo again. But in this moment, I had the chance to decide what I would become, even if that new existence only lasted a few seconds.”

They are then called by Dionysus to discuss Nero’s ultimatum. Meg says they need to trust Luguselwa’s plan and surrender themselves so they can destroy the fasces. Apollo knows he will have to face Python once Nero is defeated. Nico realizes he needs to go to a group known as the cavern hunters despite Will’s protests, and he tells Apollo and Meg to rest. Apollo travels through camp, dismayed that he cannot find good advice on how to escape Nero. Eventually, he speaks to the Arrow of Dadona, which he believes sees something in the future that it is unwilling to share. Apollo then goes to Meg and the two agree to go to Nero together, even though Apollo is worried about Meg returning to her abuser. Line 3 refers to erasing Python from existence and freeing the oracle so the power of prophecy would be fully restored. He then goes to the Waystation to learn that the Hunters of Artemis are struggling to fight the Teumessian Fox. He sees Jo, Georgina, and Lityerses all thriving and learns from Leo that Calypso is loving high school and is currently at band camp. He says they are figuring their relationship out. These kids must have photographic memories or something. They hear four or five lines of poetry during a crisis and can recite it later on verbatim. He goes to Camp Half-Blood where he learns that Meg returned to her family home. He thanks the trees in the grove of Dodona for sending their best, even though they had cast the Arrow out as the weakest. Rachel’s oracle powers have been restored. Nico and Will are planning on going to the Underworld to save a Titan they left behind. Rachel says a prophecy, but Apollo does not hear it.After doing so, it snaps out of a trance and is shot with an arrow and killed. Apollo turns around to see a Germani named Gunther, and a Gaul holding Meg at sword point. It is revealed that Meg and the Gaul, Luguselwa, know one another. Dionysus mentions Chiron is away discussion other end of the world related events with a cat and severed head. This mostly refers to Bast and Mimir respectively as Chiron states that the problems threaten more than one pantheon of gods.

It's suggested that Bob might've survived his encounter with the embodiment of Tartarus in The House of Hades and is calling out to Nico di Angelo for help. Nico is determined to return to Tartarus and try to rescue Bob if he can.Nero says this was revenge for preventing him from burning down the city and that Apollo has done him a favor by getting all the campers in the building. He tells Apollo that him, Meg, and few others would be safe from death in the throne room. He tells him that Python is waiting for his corpse and that he would strike him a deal. He gives him 15 minutes to come up to the throne room alone before he releases the gas. He tells him that if he doesn't come he'll release the gas now and kill everyone inside. With that Nero turns off the call and Apollo turns to Screech-Bling. Screech-Bling tells him that the gas is bad and that Rachel was having visions again and told him to go to that room. Screech-Bling tells him that he will gather some other trogs and try to disable the gas before it goes off and leaves the room to do this task. Apollo realizes how bleak things are when he remembers he can't kill Nero unless Lu had succeeded However, he doesn't have much of a choice since he needs to stall Nero and find Meg. He had fifteen minutes to end Nero or Nero would end him.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment