276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Barbie Signature 2022 Holiday Barbie Doll (Blonde Hair), 6 Years and Up., HBY03

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

On July 14, 2023, SAG-AFTRA, an American labor union of film, television, and voice actors, declared a strike action, effectively halting any promotional event that involves any member in the guild. [160] Robbie showed her support in the action. [161] SAG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher later claimed the studios "duped" the guild into accepting a 12-day extension for negotiations to continue promoting summer films like Barbie. [162] Barbie decides to become human and return to the real world, and is bidden goodbye by the Barbies, Kens, and Mattel executives. Sometime later, Gloria, her husband, and Sasha take Barbie, now going by the name "Barbara Handler", to her first gynecologist appointment. Open the door to the new Barbie Dreamhouse for unlimited storytelling possibilities! Standing 109cm tall and 104cm wide, this dreamy dollhouse inspires 360-degree play with three floors and 10 indoor and outdoor living areas. There’s so much to explore. Griffiths, George (April 4, 2023). "Dua Lipa joins the cast of Greta Gerwig's Barbie film alongside Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling". Official Charts. Archived from the original on April 4, 2023 . Retrieved April 4, 2023. Paul, Larisha (December 16, 2022). "Margot Robbie Is the Reigning Queen of a Bright Pink Paradise in 'Barbie' Teaser Trailer". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on April 14, 2023 . Retrieved April 14, 2023.

Wang, Jessica (September 26, 2023). " "Barbie"'s IMAX post-credits scene explained, from Barney the divorcee to 'Boys Just Want to Have Fun' spoof". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on October 13, 2023 . Retrieved October 10, 2023. OMG! Malibu Beach is finally open! Dive, swim, grill, lounge or build a sandcastle? You can do it all! Decide who is the ultimate surf champion in an awesome mini game. You can also chill out at the DreamHouse pool while Ken throws one of his legendary pool parties! Barbie Day to Night Dreamhouse Playset 553668 and Barbie The Movie 2023 Dreamhouse Playset 564876 is excluded from this promotion. Barbie: A Touch of Magic is an animated TV series new to Netflix. When Malibu Barbie and Brooklyn Barbie find a magical baby Pegasus on the beach in Malibu, they work together to discover where the magical horse came from. Donnelly, Matt (July 6, 2023). " 'Barbie' Map Controversy: Warner Bros. Explains the Drawing That Got the Film Banned in Vietnam". Variety. Archived from the original on July 11, 2023 . Retrieved July 7, 2023.

D'Alessandro, Anthony (October 5, 2018). " Barbie Zooming From Sony To Warner Bros; Margot Robbie In Early Talks". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on August 26, 2018 . Retrieved October 22, 2021. Klein, Brennan (July 23, 2023). "Barbie Box Office Breaks Records With Biggest Opening Ever For Non-Superhero Movie, Sequel, Or Remake". ScreenRant. Archived from the original on July 24, 2023 . Retrieved July 24, 2023. Broadway, Danielle; Richwine, Lisa (July 7, 2023). Milliken, Mary; Lewis, Matthew (eds.). "Warner Bros defends 'Barbie' film's world map as 'child-like' ". Reuters. Archived from the original on July 8, 2023 . Retrieved July 7, 2023. Gerwig appeared on Dua Lipa's podcast, At Your Service, and admitted that she was unsure about the project when she signed on after having directed Louisa May Alcott's Little Women. "It was something that was exciting because it was terrifying. I think that was a big part of it, like: "Oh, no, Barbie.'" The director continued, "It felt like vertigo, starting to write it, like, where do you even begin, and what would be the story? And I think it was that feeling I had was knowing that it would be really interesting terror." Barbie Vloggeris another addition to Barbie’s YouTube content, featuring Barbie as she documents her life and adventures in the form of a video blog.

With the assistance of Sasha, Weird Barbie, Allan, and the discontinued dolls, Gloria's speech deprograms the Barbies from their indoctrination. They then manipulate the Kens into fighting amongst themselves, distracting them from enshrining male superiority into Barbieland's constitution, and the Barbies regain power. Having now experienced systemic oppression for themselves, the Barbies resolve to rectify the faults of their previous society, emphasizing better treatment of the Kens and all outcasts. Why don’t you join me in my awesome kitchen? There are so many delicious recipes to cook! Get baking with Skipper and post your tasty recipes on BarbieGram for everyone to see! Mmm… Are those cupcakes I smell?! This is why his story must be told," Ryan joked. “I care about this dude now. I’m like his representative. ‘Ken couldn’t show up to receive this award, so I’m here to accept it for him.'" Pinlac, Beatrice (July 5, 2023). "Padilla suggests cutting China's 9-dash line scene from 'Barbie' film". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on July 6, 2023 . Retrieved July 5, 2023. It looks as though Barbie will explore the iconic doll's journey with being "less than perfect," per a report by Vulture. In April 2023, the film's CinemaCon sizzle reel featured Barbie as she experienced an existential crisis. "Today is the best day ever! And before that, yesterday was!" the doll says, per Vulture. "And tomorrow will be the best day ever too!" A beat, and then: "Do you guys ever think about dying?"I can't wait for people to see the film," he added. "It's not what you'd expect... That's all I can say, otherwise, Mattel would come in and box me up." a b c d Wagmeister, Elizabeth (July 20, 2023). " 'This Is Not About Selling Toys': Mattel Bosses on 'Barbie's' Long Development, Needing a Female Director and More". Variety. Archived from the original on July 21, 2023 . Retrieved July 21, 2023.

There’s a whole range of Barbie Fashionistas and career dolls to explore too, encouraging real-world storytelling. Discover the widest range of Fashionista dolls to date, celebrating diversity with unique fashion dolls in a wide variety of skin tones, eye colours, hair colours and textures, body types and fashions. Or realise you could be anything with an exciting range of Barbie career dolls, from teachers, vets and doctors to Barbie pilot dolls and sports stars. Barbie Dreamtopiais a more fantasy-focused series in which Barbie’s little sister Chelsea embarks on various adventures in the whimsical world of Dreamtopia. Barbie also explores the negative consequences of hierarchical power structures, with Gerwig saying that she extrapolated that "Barbies rule and Kens are an underclass" and felt it was similar to the Planet of the Apes. [67] Ken has low self-esteem and seeks approval from Barbie, which Gerwig identified as a good source for a story. Gosling compared Gerwig's vision to Milton Glaser's I Love New York logo as he felt Gerwig created the film's characters as a way of understanding the contemporary world. [70] Ken has the only power ballad in the film, and Gerwig had identified it as the moment in which she felt the film transcended what a Barbie film traditionally should have been. [64] [71] Casting [ edit ] Miller, Julie (December 16, 2022). "Helen Mirren Confirms That Was Her in the 'Barbie' Trailer—And There's More". Vanity Fair. Archived from the original on December 19, 2022 . Retrieved December 19, 2022.additional dailies colorist: Company 3, Los Angeles Unit / dailies operator: Company 3, Los Angeles Unit Meanwhile, Ken learns about patriarchy and feels respected for the first time. Returning to Barbieland, he persuades the other Kens to take over, and the Barbies are indoctrinated into submissive roles, such as agreeable girlfriends, housewives, and maids. Barbie arrives and fails to convince everyone to return to the way things were. She becomes depressed, but Gloria gives her a speech about society's conflicting expectations of women, restoring Barbie's self-confidence. It was then set to star Anne Hathaway before it finally went to Robbie, who asked Gerwig to get involved. a b Valdez, Jonah (July 3, 2023). "How 'Barbie' crossed a line in Vietnam's dispute with China and ended up banned". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on July 4, 2023 . Retrieved July 4, 2023.

Chikhi, Lamine; McDowall, Angus (August 14, 2023). Maler, Sandra (ed.). "Algeria bans 'Barbie' movie, media and official source say". Reuters. Archived from the original on August 14, 2023 . Retrieved August 15, 2023.

Neibart, Sam (July 26, 2023). "Dreamy Hair and Makeup Brought The Dolls To Life In 'Barbie' ". Nylon. Archived from the original on July 26, 2023 . Retrieved July 26, 2023. Primarily, she began her writing by interpreting Barbie as living in a utopia and eventually experiencing reality, where she would have to "confront all the things that were shielded from them in this place [Barbieland]". She also drew parallels to the story of Adam and Eve and taking inspiration from John Milton's Paradise Lost, particularly being inspired by the concept that there is "no poetry without pain". [56] To underscore the tragic elements of Barbie and Ken facing the real world, she focused on elements of dissonance. [55] As such, she chose to keep a scene featuring Robbie's Barbie telling an older woman that she is beautiful after being requested to remove it, as she felt that the scene epitomized "the heart of the movie". She also desired to provide a "counterargument" to Barbie by featuring a scene in which Barbie learns that some women do not like her, and felt it gave the film "real intellectual and emotional power". [67] As such, a scene is featured in which Barbie is being stared at inappropriately on the Venice Beach, which Gerwig chose to feature as she felt it was a universal experience, being especially relevant for actors. She was inspired by an audition she did in which she wore overalls and felt that she did not perform well in. [68] The ending of the film features Barbie saying the line "I'm here to see my gynecologist", with Gerwig describing it as a "mic drop kind of joke". She had chosen to include the line as she had wanted to instill confidence in younger girls, as she had been embarrassed about her body when she was younger. [69] In some Muslim-majority countries, there were attempts to ban the film on moral grounds or for allegedly showing LGBTQ+ themes, and some of them were successful. Director Greta Gerwig and Abby Phillip at an event for Barbie at the British Embassy in Washington, D.C.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment