276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Century Pro Cue Tip

£9.975£19.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We liked the responsiveness of a G5. Definitely has a bite to it when it comes to generating spin. Frustratingly, at times, the high responsiveness led to us being slightly out of position on breaks on occasions. Was it a sign we’re improving on how we strike through the ball, or due to the reaction on the tip? Both I’d say.

CC Cue Tips – The Professional Choice. Let’s embrace a new era in cue sports together and explore the possibilities of the future! Once pressed from a single piece of premium A+ leather, each tip is tested scientifically to ensure that it’s hardness can be identified straight away. This is an important part of the cue tip making process as this ensures that each cue can be graded. So what? Approximately 70/80% of players currently on the professional WPBSA snooker tour now use Century Pro Cue Tips! Your Century Pro Cue Tip is now ready to use. On many occasions no “bedding-in” is required. You may prefer to play with your new tip for a few sessions before using it in tournament play. If you need to rough up the tip after a period of use, use your file and tap around the surface of the tip. The only item you will need to keep your tip in top shape and condition is a fine 1-inch wide metal file. The Century Cues, Tip Shaper. This is by far the best tip shaper I have ever used. It’s very well constructed, easy to use and works the tip perfectly. The tip shaper comes in its own little pouch, to keep it well protected and prevents any scratches on your cue, while in your case. I have fitted a lot of tips for other players over the past five months and the shaper makes edging and shaping, easy. Plus, it does not show any signs of wear and tear, due to it’s robust construction? Century Cues have produced another quality product.

Since its inception, CC Team has been at the forefront of innovation in the world of billiards. Known for our innovative spirit and high-quality products, CC’s single-layer cue tips have gained recognition and favor among both professional players and enthusiasts, becoming their go-to choice for achieving excellence. Now, we are proud to mark another significant milestone in our journey of innovation by introducing the all-new CC Laminated Cue Tip — CC Pro-X, a product that promises to bring a whole new level of billiards experience to professional players and passionate fans alike.

A larger cue tip has more surface area and is more forgiving of bad cueing, but it will be more difficult to add spin to the cue ball. How often do snooker players change their cue tips? When you last bought a new snooker cue, there’s a decent chance the tip on it was an Elk Master. Well-known in the game, many cue makers choose to add Elk Master (or just ‘Elks’ as they’re often referred to) tips to their cues.The leather tanning technique provides increased durability and elasticity, though this can deteriorate in humid environments. Overall though, Kamui snooker cue tips are very good, if a little on the expensive side. Is 8mm tip too small for snooker? Following an extensive two-year period of research and development, Century Pro are proud to announce the launch of their latest innovative product: Century Pro Chalk. While still relatively expensive tips, they tend to be lower cost than Century Pros and come in differing hardness grades. That’s because they have two big things going for them. Firstly, they are very good quality, the kind of level that suit all players (even Ronnie O’Sullivan has said he uses Elk Master tips!).

The Century Pro G2 cue tip is a 10mm single layer tip made from grade A+ leather. Century Pro has apparently utilized a unique manufacturing process in the production of these tips. Each tip is said to be scientifically tested to guarantee its consistency within just +/-5% tolerance. That’s impressive on paper but let’s move on to what really matters: the human element. Unboxing Maintenance of the tip was not really required. The only thing I did was to use a scuffing tool to loosen up the surface a bit so that it could hold the chalk better. But to be honest, I didn’t actually have an issue with the way it was holding chalk. Verdict As a rough guide, you should be monitoring your cue tip and considering changing it after 80-150 hours of play. Essentially, a smaller tip makes it easier to add spin to the cue ball but, as a consequence, also makes it easier to add unwanted side to the ball. Rhys here from Cue News, and I opted to test out the Century Pro G2 cue tip as it is the midway point between hard and soft. It would be the ideal starting point from which I could gauge the quality of the tips in general and a recommended starting point for beginners who have not yet cemented a playing style. SpecificationsThe downside is that, when exposed to high moisture environments, the tips will deteriorate faster. These new tips are the world’s first hand graded custom snooker cue tip. When buying new tips it has always been a problem to get the same hardness and consistency as the old tip. Do you press it, do you wait for it to play in and will it even play the same are standard issues.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment