276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Van Damme Balanced Cable. Neutrik XLR to XLR Cables. Best Microphone Patch Leads

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well actually, I am a musician and have also worked in Post Production for 10 years and so work with a lot of balanced cables also. Sometimes I get strange hums in my home studio set ups that could be cable related RFI etc, but generally, I agree that interference has not been an issue. In the final analysis always try before you buy and if you are happy with something (Whether it actually makes a difference of not) and you can afford it, then go for it, as happiness cannot be measured. Kane this is Paul from PS Audio. I would have to disagree with the last poster about shielding. While he is correct that balanced XLR cables are inherently better suited to get away without shielding, saying they don't require shielding and that in pro applications they are not shielded is a bit misleading - although I am sure his intentions were good.

They deliver a step-up in quality from the cheaper C-ine mentioned above, but they do cost more and their talents will be heard more obviously in systems that are at mid-level price and above. I realise this post will not change your mind or belief (Just like a flat earthier will always ignore the truth and keep posting easily debunked claims) but hopefully it will help others to not fall into the same trap and have an open mind so that they realise that just because you believe you hear a difference doesn’t mean there actually is a difference. (Hence the level matched double blind test) Simple really a child could tell you the difference.A child will also believe anything you tell them. For all those doubters out there stop bleating about a multi million pound industry being a load of old cobblers, if it was then by now those that spend vast amounts of money would have just fitted bell wire because if they don't here an improvement then they would look else where, that's because they can afford to.TheWhat Hi-Fi?team has more than 100 years experience of reviewing, testing and writing about consumer electronics. We have state-of-the-art testing facilities in London, Reading and Bath, where our team of expert reviewers do all our in-house testing. This gives us complete control over the testing process, ensuring consistency across all the products we test. I have a fair few decent XLR mic cables, as I am a singer/musician with a lot of nice mics. I also have balanced cables for my monitors already. A good way to reduce RFI and some EMI is to shield the Cable. Shielded Cables can experience some problems based on the shield's distance from the conductor/s and the insulation used to space the shield from the conductor/s. Properly executed a shielded cable can offer excellent RFI shielding. I have just got one second hand pair of the PS Audio Transcendent cables through today. Got them for a good price considering the very high price in the UK. Read the full Chord Company Clearway Analogue RCA (2022) review How to choose the right audio cables for you

During testing, we found it really quite unsatisfyingto listen to the same songs with anything else of a similar price. They allow for our system to deliver an open, crisp and rhythmic sound and dynamics are communicated with confidence. Theprice tag might weigh heavy on many listeners’ wallets – and the cheaper C-line remains a class leader we can still get behind – but for those who can justify the outlay, the Clearway Analogue RCA (2022) is brilliantly capable of letting you hear whereyour money has gone. However, on having another look around, it appears that the PS Audio cables are half the price of the Chimera Labs (well in the US anyway). The Silver (Transcendence) PS Audio cables are about the same price as the Chimera Labs'. So you are saying you agree with Phlog and not Paul from PS Audio, that balanced cables are immune to noise/interference? As a general rule of thumb, we'd recommend setting aside 10-15 per cent of the total cost of your system for cables. In the case of a hi-fi set-up, you'll be looking at analogue interconnects, speaker cables and, potentially, a digital optical or coaxial cable depending on the sources you're using. So you'll want to dedicate a share of this to a pair of suitable analogue interconnects. Here's the deal. Balanced XLR type cables, when used properly, have great noise immunity (as he said). They accomplish this noise immunity through something called common mode rejection. Inside the balanced cables are two signal wires (where an RCA style has only one) and a ground. When something hits both signal wires at the same time (like noise and hum might) it can be said that this is a common signal and it will be rejected. Thus the term common mode. Make sense?It is certainly true that the common mode rejection inherent in balanced cables will reduce RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) and to a much lesser extent EMI (Electromagnetic Interference). As Paul mentioned, the performance of the “circuits” used in your equipment can have a significant effect. Studio equipment uses 150 Ohm or 600 Ohm input and output transformers. Many AV manufacturers do not use transformers, probably due to the added cost.. Van Damme Tour Grade Classic XKE Starquad is specified for analogue audio signals in areas of high electronic interference. Ideal for outside broadcast in areas that may be subject to EMI and RFI – for example, in close proximity tolighting dimmer circuits and major power feeds. This cable combines electrical integrity withmechanical strength without compromising flexibility. You could also speak to a dealer to see if they've tried different cables during demos and have found any that work particularly well with your amplifier. A good starting point is to consider getting in touch with the manufacturer of your stereo amplifier and asking if they recommend a particular brand or model of interconnect. After all, engineers will have spent hours experimenting during the development process and you might be told some valuable nuggets of information which might make your job of finding something suitable more simple. BillActually I took 4 tables and smoked a tree so as to make sure I was self opinionated and knew everything and would be guided by some myth blind testing an inconsistent placebo effect, but thanks all the same I know what happiness is, as do all those millions that have walked the cable path. cheers mate. 🙏 Reply

Van Damme Tour Grade Classic XKE Starquad is specified for analogue audio signals in areas of high electronic interference. Ideal for outside broadcast in areas that may be subject to EMI and RFI – for example in close proximity tolighting dimmer circuits and major power feeds. This cable combines electrical integrity withmechanical strength without compromising flexibility. I have now upgraded the AMP to a MF M3i and run a M-DAC+ and have tried a couple of cables Digital Chord Clearway and Tellurium blue Q digital and the Tellurium is better although cost a fair bit more. Here are links for those of you that want to delve deeper into AV cable construction. I don't agree with everything Thorsten has to say, but I feel he covers the aspects of cable design quite well. What this means is that unless you are completely sure about the CMR effectiveness of your equipment, you're better off with a shielded version. Further, even if you have something that's as good as ours (and others) shielding the cable removes even more so that when you combine the CMR with the shielding, you get extremely quiet results.The first thing we do to a pair of analogue interconnects is run them in by connecting them to our reference system. In our experience, their impact on a system can change over time so we make sure they have a couple of days with an audio signal running through them. If you currently own an excellent entry-level set-up you don't need to spend big on interconnects. However, at the same time, there's nothing stopping you from trying more premium pairs to see how your system reacts. As you can see from our list below, there are some brilliant budget options available. The Chimera Labs people say they have spent years trying out different shielding and found that the sound has deteriorated with all (they give possible reasons for this). They also say they have never once encountered an environment/situation where a shielded cable was needed. On the flip side, If you own a high-end set-up, we'd suggest looking at price-comparable interconnects but you could also audition some cheaper interconnects too. Balanced leads minimise noise interference by using two twisted cores (1 x + & 1 x -). The signals are sent perfectly out of phase with one another and then re-inverted at the destination. The interference collected along the cable length is also then inverted, so put out of phase and made silent. Starquad leads use two cores per signal path (2 x + & 2 x -) tightly twisted around each other. This increases the surface area of the cable cores and means that noise is induced more evenly down the length.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment