276°
Posted 20 hours ago

If..., Volume 1: (Questions for the Game of Life)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In 2008, an economist and a law professor proposed a radical new approach to politics: Telling people not to do bad stuff. might think it's a rare and valuable book but don't know where to find its value? One very simple method of finding an approximate value of a book is to search for similar copies on AbeBooks and see what prices are being asked. In 1995 a bestselling book proposed a simple dating strategy for women: Lose weight, wear bright colors and become a completely different person for the rest of your life. But what's really crazy, is how Munroe takes bland questions and hypes them into incredible zingers. For example, " If every person on Earth aimed a laser pointer at the Moon at the same time, would it change color?" The answer, of course, is "no". But Munroe never stops with an answer like that. He ups the ante, increasing the power of the laser pointers, to the point where he becomes really dangerous! Joe has lots of questions because he is nervous about the party. Why do we sometimes ask lots of questions when are nervous?

Books Google Books

Content Note: Discussions of xenophobic and racist content, especially toward the end of the episode. If the source you are referencing is missing an author, use the source's titleinstead of the author's name in your in-text citation. When you use Harvard as your referencing style, the full reference to each source that you cite in your work should be included in a References section.The information included varies depending on the type of source, but usually includes:Sources:Mike's Maintenance Phase episode on the godfather of the "cafeteria nudge"Nudge: Concept, Effectiveness, and EthicsFrom mechanism to virtue: Evaluating Nudge theoryThe effectiveness of nudging: A meta-analysis of choice architecture interventions across behavioral domainsWhy the Most Important Idea in Behavioral Decision-Making Is a FallacyBehavioral WinterWhy Is Behavioral Economics So Popular?The Origins of Anti-Litter CampaignsDo Normative Appeals Affect Tax Compliance? Evidence from a Controlled Experiment in MinnesotaOpt-out legislations: the mysterious viability of the falseOpt-out policies capacity to increase organ donors is limitedAssessing Global Organ Donation Policies: Opt-In vs Opt-OutWhat Counts as a Nudge?Preventing Secondary Pregnancy In Adolescents: A Model ProgramThe Effect of Monetary Incentives and Peer Support Groups on Repeat Adolescent Pregnancies A Randomized Trial of the Dollar-a-Day ProgramThe i-frame and the s-frame: How focusing on individual-level solutions has led behavioral public policy astrayCan behavioural economics make us healthier?On the Supposed Evidence for Libertarian Paternalism Nothing is too absurd for him - whether it be the logistics of finding your soulmate to what happens if our moon suddenly disappears - Munroe answers it all. But I’ve never seen the Icarus story as a lesson about the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.I absolutely loved the tone of voice throughout the book. There’s no material safety data sheet for astatine. If there were, it would just be the word “NO” scrawled over and over in charred blood.His hilarious deadpan just absolutely cinched this book for me. It’s not the fall that kills you, it’s the sudden stop at the end. Who knew that physics could be so fun? Trying to thoroughly answer a stupid question can take you to some pretty interesting places.Randall Munroe, ex-NASA employee and author of the wildly popular webcomic XKCD, decides to look at several, undoubtedly, absurd questions and find scientific answers to them. a b Chang, Kenneth (2014-11-03). "He's Glad You Asked". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2014-11-08. One of the things that's nice about goodreads is that it lets you embed pictures. ...And one of the nice things about xkcd is that it has lots of pictures licensed under CC Attribution/Non-Commerical - meaning I can post as many as I want to this review.

What If? (book) - Wikipedia

What would happen if the Earth and all terrestrial objects suddenly stopped spinning, but the atmosphere retained its velocity?” Brief answer: “NEARLY EVERYONE WOULD DIE. Then things would get interesting.”I took the book into work with me to show it around - you know - hipster-esque and what not. I'm reading this trendy, new book first. The only thing that's thought-provoking about this book is the fact that it's sold millions of copies and is considered good by the vast majority. But the colorful watercolor illustrations reveal even more. What can you discover? And what is your own “What if” idea? stars for ending the book on a happy note, "Sometimes it's nice not to destroy the world for a change."

What If? 2 by Randall Munroe | Waterstones

SORRY WE DO NOT SELL TOTHE PUBLIC -WE DESIGN, MANUFACTURE AND DISTRIBUTE INNOVATIVE CONSUMER PRODUCTS TO RETAILERS WORLDWIDE Sources:Why The World Isn't FlatThe World Is Still Not FlatDHL Global Connectedness Index 2022The Fallacies of FlatnessThe Sociopathy of Thomas Friedman: A CompendiumThomas Friedman sums up the Iraq War (YouTube) Draw a picture from the point of view of one of the characters inside the house. What can they see looking out?A smart & contemporary program of reading glasses that are easy to choose, easy to use... and easy to retail Sources:Can Gary Chapman Save Your Marriage?The Sixth Love Language Does Not ExistHow ‘The Five Love Languages’ Gets Misinterpreted The 5 Love Languages Don’t Matter as Much as You ThinkThe Creator Of The 5 Love Languages Is A Homophobe And This Is Why We Can't Have Nice ThingsFamed Author Gary Chapman Talks Love, Marriage, Sex Evangelicals Incorporated Choose one of the people shown in each window scene. Can you write a story / diary entry about them? The International Astronomical Union recently named an asteroid after Randall Munroe; asteroid 4942 Munroe is big enough to cause a mass extinction if it ever hits Earth.

If by Sarah Perry | Goodreads

That disclaimer really sets the tone for this fun book about science: Dangerous ideas ahead, folks! Don't get too close -- these things could kill ya!

Teaching Ideas and Resources:

I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley. There are certain things on this planet that you seemed to do fine without, but as soon as you discover, you can't now do without. Diet Dr. Pepper, David Foster Wallace, dark chocolate covered cherries all fit into this category. So, too, does Randall Munroe. He seems to occupy a space near, but not on, that vacated by Gary Larson when the great Gary Larson stopped drawing the Far Side (January 1, 1995). If you are unimpressed by Gary Larsen or the Far Side or do not know who he is or what I'm talking about, hell man, read no further. This book is not for you. I'm not trying to suggest that Gary Larson and Randall Munroe occupy the same ground. They are very different. Their approach to science is different. Their technique. However, the Venn Diagram of those readers of Gary Larson 20+ years ago would closely resemble those readers of Randall Munroe's xkcd.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment