276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dell XPS 8940 Tower Desktop, 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10700, 16 GB DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, Windows 10, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Dell XPS 8940 supports Gen10 Intel Core technology. Intel released its 10th generation of Intel Core processors in 2019. This update is more significant to the company's lineup than previous generations. This is because the 10th generation is using 10nm manufacturing process. The new technology brings more energy efficient CPUs which is especially important for mobile devices. Finish important tasks faster: Watch all your advanced applications perform at blazing speed with features including memory of up to 128GB DDR4 (32GB x4) at 2933MHz. The Core i7 is more than capable of handling most tasks I threw at it, and Dell’s K-series variant delivers strong performance at a more affordable price. Similar to PCMark 10, the Core i7-10700K achieved a single-core score of 1,355 points and a multi-core score of 9,034 points. These scores mean that the i7 trailed the Core i9-10900K and the i9-10900KF processors, but by a very negligible amount. This article provides help with Microsoft Office programs, A Guide to the various Microsoft Office programs available on your Dell PC.

The Dell XPS 8940 comes with ten USB ports in total. Having more USB ports is always better, but also pay attention to the version of those USB ports. Higher version ports support faster transfer speeds. It is nice to see that the model has a USB 3.1 port. This interface is using 10Gb/s connection and it's very useful when you transfer big files to external drives. Video ports

De computer instellen

The XPS Desktop Special Edition was a smidge behind the GeForce RTX 3080 duo, but it could easily be used for graphics design and other demanding 3D tasks. A low 120-second time allowed the XPS Desktop Special Edition to be competitive with the others. Graphics Tests Cables inside are neatly arranged — wires generally snake across the top, down the front, and flow toward the bottom, where the PSU is located. Cables are bundled together with a few tie wraps, but you won’t find elegant cable management systems like on more premium boutique builds. It’s not a complete mess, which is good. Performance

Despite the small size, Dell was able to squeeze a full-length GPU in our review unit. The graphics card occupies both the PCIe x16 slot and the expansion slot for dual-width graphics cards — but upgrading to anything beyond an RTX 3070 may be futile. The desktop can also accommodate additional PCIe x1 and PCIe x4 cards.IDC Whitepaper “Optimizing Performance with Frequent Server Replacements for Enterprises” commissioned by Dell Technologies and Intel, March 2021. Results are based on interviews with 18 IT practitioners and decision makers at midsize and large enterprises and a web survey of 707 IT practitioners and decision makers at midsize and larger enterprises using Dell Technologies server solutions across 7 industries. See full whitepaper: https://www.delltechnologies.com/resources/en-us/asset/white-papers/products/servers/server-infrastructure-resiliency-enterprise-whitepaper.pdf The RTX 3070 obviously shines, scoring very well in our 3DMark tests, as we expected. While the RTX 3070 lags behind the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090, it's no slouch when it comes to content creation and gaming. Next up is a pair of CPU-crunching tests: Cinebench R15 stresses all available processor cores and threads while rendering a complex image, while in our Handbrake test, we transcode a 12-minute 4K video down to 1080p.

The RTX 3070 manages to handle Battlefield V, which is a demanding title, with relative ease, punching above 80 fps in Ultra settings at 4K. Performance jumps to 140 fps if you scale down to 1440p resolution. With Battlefield V, Nvidia’s newest midrange offering outperforms the prior-generation flagship, as the RTX 2080 Ti only managed to squeeze 76 fps in 4K, while this year’s RTX 3080 performed at 97 fps.There is a total number of 9 USB ports available on the Dell XPS 8950 Desktop, one less than the Dell XPS 8940 Desktop that has 10 USB ports. On top of the number of USB ports, the type and version of each USB port are also necessary for determining how fast it is. Het systeem wordt automatisch opnieuw opgestart en werkt het BIOS bij in het beginscherm van het systeem. Nadat de BIOS-update voltooid is, wordt het systeem nog een keer opnieuw opgestart.

The HDMI port is another digital video port you can use to connect external display. It has very similar capabilities to the DisplayPort with few exceptions. Dell XPS 8940 comes with one HDMI 2 port(s) on the motherboard. In case your monitor supports another interface, you can always use an adapter. Dell XPS 8940 supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combo card with the on-board M.2 2230 (Wi-Fi/BT) slot. The card contains a Wi-Fi module that supports various Wi-Fi standards, as well as a

Other desktop models:

The XPS scored just over 7,300 points on our PCMark 10 test, which is in line with what you can expect from Intel’s Core i7-10700K. Performance of the XPS Desktop is lower than a system with a Core i9-10900K configuration, as expected, but higher than a rig equipped with AMD’s Ryzen 9 3950X, like Alienware’s Ryzen-powered Aurora R10 AMD Edition. Your command center: Connect all your devices in a snap with 10 total USB ports, including four front facing ports for easy access.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment