276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fibre Fuelled: The Plant-Based Gut Health Plan to Lose Weight, Restore Health and Optimise Your Microbiome

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Below, you will find five breakfast, five lunch and five dinner recipes all from the Fiber Fueledbook by Dr. Will Bulsiewicz. All of these recipes are plant-based. Plant foods are high in fiber and should be eaten versatile. It is a good goal to get 30 different plants in your diet for one week. This also includes spices. You will notice some tasty and healthy dessert recipes throughout the fiber fueled journey. This is because it is so important to enjoy what you’re eating. As long as your gut microbiome gets the fiber and diversity it needs, it will thrive. Enjoy our crowd-pleasing pasta with sardines and gremolata. With added nutrients thanks to the sardines, it's a healthy dish that's low on calories and fat There is a direct connection between your gut microbiota and your immune system. They exist in close proximity to one another.

A rescue recipe for when there's nothing in the fridge or when you fancy something cheap, this curry is delicious and filling. It's healthy and vegan-friendly, too. The diet is the 4-week plan you can find in the Fiberfueled book written by gastroenterologist Will Bulsiewicz. The diet helps you to get a healthy gut microbiome. It is a plant-based diet high in fiber and includes a variety of vegetables every week. Fermented recipes The thought of bacteria often triggers negativity. But, the truth is that bacteria are often what makes us the most healthy. When in balance, the bacteria in our bodies have incredible healing power. They help digestion, and strengthen our immune system. On the other hand, when your gut biome is unbalanced, this can cause weight gain, and increased blood sugar and cholesterol levels. What Causes Gut Imbalance? As HMOs are working to feed Bifidobacteria and turning on genes to make more mucins, we have Akkermansia eating those mucins. This book contains so much amazing knowledge. If you eat and poop, it will help you. And you’ll enjoy diving in. Seriously, this is a fun read.

The daily salad

It is estimated that there are over 39 trillion microbial cells that live on and within us. Roughly 70% of those microbes can be found residing in our colon alone! This makes up the gut microbiome. Within the microbiome, we are seeing key species and families of bacteria (which we’ll cover in more detail) that are constantly contributing to a higher function of the human body. As you continue through this post you will find a powerful solution to prime your gut before starting this protocol. Changing things up, challenging ourselves, and experimenting with new foods will be a massive key to our success.

His other two mantras are #1 "slow and grow" meaning start very slowly with dietary changes, particularly if you have a GI condition such as IBS. You have to "grow" your gut biome and "strengthen" your GI muscles. He compares it to working out in a gym. If you go nuts on day 1 with 15lb weights of course you'll be too sore to get out of bed the next day. Start with 1-3lb weights. This means slowly introducing the fiber foods and supplements he suggests (eg prebiotics) An easy way to incorporate plants into our diets is to remember the acronym, F-GOALS. This acronym stands for fruits and fermented foods, greens and grains, omega-rich nuts and seeds, aromatics, legumes, and sulforaphane. Fruit and Fermented Foods Ramping up our plant consumption may be met with a bit of an eye-roll. Mainly at the thought of eating countless kale leaves. The key to this approach is realizing the importance of variety, and having an open mind about plants. One of the most extensive studies on microbes, published by Dr. Knight in 2017, shows that the single most significant predictor of a healthy gut microbiome, is incorporating a diverse range of plants into our diets.Image:Schroeder, Bjoern O. “Fight them or feed them: how the intestinal mucus layer manages the gut microbiota.” Gastroenterology Report 7 (2019): 3 - 12. Going primarily plant-based in the short-term can be a remarkable healing experience. Your body will be producing mass amounts of good bacteria through the fermentation of fiber. We will become gut health masters as we begin this new and exciting culinary journey. The point system is here to help you and remind you to increase diversity over time. With patience, we will begin to notice that it takes less effort to search for foods we know we’ll love at the grocery store. Accumulating these points will allow us to move to the highest level as our true healing journey has only just begun. There's so much diversity when it comes to eating, and preparing, our daily greens. Even the leaves of some root veggies like beetroot, turnip, radish, and carrots are edible. Popeye was right about spinach. Eating one cup of spinach offers 36% of our daily iron intake, 11% of our daily protein, 4 grams of fiber, and a host of vitamins and minerals. You may know me as @TheGutHealthMD. I'm the New York Times bestselling author of the book Fiber Fueled , a full-time gastroenterologist, and an internationally recognized gut health expert.

I completed a bachelor's degree from Vanderbilt University, an MD from Georgetown University, and a master's in clinical investigation from Northwestern University.It wasn’t that long ago that my health and quality of life looked a lot different than it does today. I was in my early thirties, though I felt much older, and although I was doing my gastroenterology fellowship, I had a slew of my own digestive issues. A few spoonfuls of beans or whole-wheat pasta, for example, would set off waves of crippling abdominal pains, gas, and my insides felt a distended balloon. I’d toss and turn at night with stomach pains, feeling hungover the next day from lost sleep. Parsnips are overlooked these days. Let's celebrate them this autumn! In this CNS Kitchen Cooking event, I will demo three recipes that showcase the versatility of parsnips in a WFPB diet, and they're sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them. We'll start with Mashed Parsnips and Potatoes. Next, I'll share how to make Roasted Parsnips with Miso Maple Sauce. We'll end with a Parsnip Apple Spice Cake dessert that is worthy of your holiday dessert table. If time allows, I'll share a fourth recipe of Parsnips Creamy Soup that uses leftovers of the Mashed Parsnips and Potatoes. But, as with all things there's a bit of a catch. To get the benefits of short-chain fatty acids, we need to eat more prebiotics, and thus more fiber. To do that, we need to ramp up our plant consumption. Hi, I´m Heidi. Here to inspire you to eat more fiber and plant-based foods. Get energized and healthy!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment