276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Desktop Processor 14 cores (6 P-cores + 8 E-cores) 24M Cache, up to 5.1 GHz

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Intel's Core i5-13600K's IGP does demonstrate a modest performance gain over its direct predecessor in most tests, but it is outpaced by the Core i9-13900K's IGP in all tests. The one exception where the Core i5-13600K performs slower than the Core i5-12600K is in Tomb Raider, which appears to stress the CPU more. This enables the Core i5-12600K to pull ahead, not because it has the fastest CPU in the bunch, but because its slower CPU doesn’t get quite as hot, allowing the IGP to run better, with more thermal headroom. Power Consumption & Thermals

Intel Core i5 14600K vs i5 13600K - NanoReview Intel Core i5 14600K vs i5 13600K - NanoReview

Well, the hits keep on coming, Intel has managed to push the limits even further now with the 13th Gen CPUs, especially with the i9-13900K which has a crazy max turbo speed of 5.8 GHz. In all of our single-core and single-thread tests, the 13900K took... Given this information, it seemed likely that these processors would trade places, depending on the test, but instead the Core i5-13600K performs better in every test. It doesn't win by a wide margin in some tests, but it does win. The Core i5-12600K, for its part, was left in the dust, and the Core i5-13600K even manages to perform slightly better than the 16-core Ryzen 9 7950X in a few tests. (That said, the Core i5 lost to the 16-core/32-thread Ryzen 9 7950X badly in most tests, as you'd expect.) So this way you'll get more accurate results on how the CPU actually performs., narrowing the bias and other factors involved which could impact the accuracy of these benchmarks.

How we picked the best motherboards for Core i5 13600K

Content Creation/Productivity: Intel. Should be a tie. Intel wins single thread, AMD multi thread. After those first graphs there are six (!) graphs comparing Alder Lake to Zen 3, which is not relevant anymore.

Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core LGA 1700 Processor Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core LGA 1700 Processor

Intel Authorized Distributors sell Intel processors in clearly marked boxes from Intel. We refer to these processors as boxed processors. They typically carry a three-year warranty. Truthfully, I cherish the Core i5 13600K. This is what a gamer needs, appropriately fast and reasonably affordable. The new processor will undoubtedly deliver on many fronts and then has some extra reserve. It'll be fun to tweak with, and offers great gam...Raptor Lake consumes more power than Alder Lake, but it is also much faster than its predecessor, earning it some leeway. Nevertheless, as we see in our renders-per-day measurements, AMD still holds the advantage in efficiency and all key power criteria. Intel's system consumes more power, resulting in higher thermal output. Specifications: Intel. This looks like nothing more than a repeat of CPU Pricing and Value. In other words, just a way to give Intel another win.

Intel Core i5-13600K vs AMD Ryzen 7 7700X and Ryzen 5 7600X Intel Core i5-13600K vs AMD Ryzen 7 7700X and Ryzen 5 7600X

None of the chips in our AMD Ryzen 5 7600X vs Intel Core i5-13600K vs Ryzen 7 7700X faceoff come with a bundled cooler, but Raptor Lake's higher power consumption means you'll need a beefier cooler than you will for Ryzen. Pricing: Intel Core i5-13600K vs AMD Ryzen 7 7700X and Ryzen 5 7600X These wins, however, were slim, and the Core i5-14600K and the Core i5-13600K tied for first place against the faster and more expensive competition in all of the other tests. This suggests that so long as you have a graphics card on the level of the Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 or anything slower, you really have no need to buy any of these faster and more costly processors for gaming and gaming alone. They're mainly relevant from a pure-gaming perspective if you're trying to compete in the upper echelon of esports with a high-refresh monitor and a top-end video card like the GeForce RTX 4090. (Of course, you might want the extra CPU horsepower for other non-gaming tasks, which is a whole other matter.) The Core i5-14600K and the Core i5-13600K will do just fine. The system is powered by a SilverStone DA850 850-watt power supply and built into a Praxis Wetbench open-air chassis with a 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD. All tests were performed inside of Windows 11 with the latest Windows updates. When it comes to building the perfect gaming rig, you need a motherboard that will let your Core i5 13600K processor reach its full potential. To make sure you have the best possible setup, we set out to compare and contrast some of the top motherboards on the market. After researching dozens of boards and assessing their specs and features, we were able to narrow down our list to five standout products.Both Ryzen 7000 and Raptor Lake's modern connectivity technologies bring big increases in throughput via DDR5 memory and PCIe 5.0 interfaces, but Intel also chose to continue to support DDR4 memory to offer a less-expensive path for builders. Meanwhile, AMD's decision to support only DDR5 has proven to be a pricing pain point. The ROG Maximus Z790 HERO’s VRM design includes 20 individual power stages for delivering the i5-13600K a lot of power. In addition, the heat generated by such an outstanding VRM design (and the associated PWM fan headers and huge aluminum heat sinks) is likely eliminated thanks to the amazing design. Myself, I recently upgraded from a DDR3 rig, and went for DDR5. Which is not specifically needed for gaming (as even DDR3 still works). But from what I understand, DDR5 should work better with a many-cores CPU than DDR4 does. And my gaming time goes mostly on simulations, open-world games, and strategies, with use-cases such as modding Cities: Skylines to allow for more than 9 tiles to build in, where even 9 tiles can be quite demanding on hardware (possibly leading to lag, which has nothing to do with the GPU). See http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html?wapkw=hyper+threading for more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology. You’ve decided to buy the latest generation of CPU on the market right now, and you want to get the best out of your K processor, so you can go for the latest motherboard technology out there. The Z790 AORUS Elite will provide the i5-13600K with the best environment to thrive in any game you want. If you match this with a powerful GPU you’ll have the perfect gaming rig for a while. One of the best parts of this board is that it comes ready for the 13th gen right out of the box.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment