276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Firework Maker's Daughter

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That's what happens to those who don't come prepared,' said Razvani 'But now, you must submit yourself as they did. Walk into my flames, Lila! You have come for the royal sulphur? Receive it from my hands!"

And then into the heart of the light and the fire and the noise leapt Razvani himself, the great Fire-Fiend, whose body was a mass of flame and whose face a mask of scorching light. Thousands of fire imps scattered as he landed, and even the blazing flames bowed down to him. And so did Lila. In a voice like the roar of a forest fire, Razvani spoke. Poor Lila, she must be terrified! In this book, I have to admit, I absolutely love Lila. She is such a strong person. She's determined to become a firework maker. And even when everything is going against her, she doesn't give up. And that's what I found inspiring about this story. That, actually, if you put your mind to it, you never give up, you're determined and brave, you can achieve anything. Lila goes in search of Royal Sulphur from Mount Merapi, as all Firework-Makers must, and comes face to face with Razvani the Fire-Fiend. By what right have you come to my grotto?!' She swallowed hard. It was difficult to breathe, because she seemed to be taking fire into her lungs as well as the air. 'I want to be a firework maker' she managed to say. He laughed a great laugh. 'YOU? Never!"

Keep up to date with your professional development

England - KS1/KS2 English: Develop positive attitudes to reading and understanding of what they read. The above video may be from a third-party source. We accept no responsibility for any videos from third-party sources. Please let us know if the video is no longer working. Education Shed Ltd, Severn House, Severn Bridge, Riverside North, Bewdley, Worcestershire, UK, DY12 1AB Now, any firework maker visiting Razvani needs to bring three special gifts, and also needs the protection from the goddess of the Emerald Lake. Poor Lila! She doesn't know any of this. She left in such a hurry. Razvani shows her the ghosts of previous firework makers who failed before her. Wales - Progression Step 2/3 Languages, Literacy and Communication: Literature fires imagination and inspires creativity.

With this adventure, like any other story you want to read, grab yourself a book, open it up, and let your imagination fizz. Inspirational Quotes: Discuss the values of perseverance and determination featured within the book and video, then have children design posters with uplifting quotes and their own artwork to motivate others. Northern, Ireland - KS1/KS2 Language and Literacy: Extend the range of their reading and develop their own preferences. Razvani lives in the smouldering centre of Mount Merapi and the journey to get there is a long and gruelling one for Lila. Finally she comes face-to-face with the Fire-Fiend, Razvani. This is one of my favourite parts of the story. Lila is in the Grotto watching the flames rise around her.

Engage children with digital learning

Letter to Lila/Character Challenges: Invite children to write a letter to Lila, asking her about her journey and expressing admiration for her determination and dreams to become a firework maker. Alternatively, children could also write a short story where they or a character confront a challenge. Here come the girls! This collection of seriously sassy stories feature the boldest, bravest, and most brilliant girls in kids fiction. Prepare to be inspired. In this resource, children explore the techniques the author Philip Pullman uses in his well-loved book The Firework-Maker's Daughter to describe an effective setting and create an impact on the reader. A terrific resource to use with upper KS2 children to help them to improve their descriptive writing. Firework Creations: Provide materials for children to create their own firework designs using art supplies like coloured paper and chalks, allowing them to showcase their creativity. If you were to tell a friend why they should read this book, what would you say after watching the video?

The ghosts were so pale and transparent that Lila could hardly see them. But she heard them wailing. She explains that she loves this story of a brave young girl called Lila who has to go on an exciting adventure to fulfill her dream of becoming a Firework-Maker like her father. Can you think of a time in your life when you had to persevere and keep trying to achieve something? TV presenter Saira Khan encourages us to read her favourite children’s book, The Firework-Maker’s Daughter by Philip Pullman (illustrated by Peter Bailey).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment