276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Superlux HD668B Headphones

£20.375£40.75Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From the start I listened to these more than my K701. True, they are not in the same class but I simply enjoy the 668B more and am more engaged in the music. With the 668B - better punch, better dynamics, I can differentiate individual vocalists from a chorus easier, and I also enjoy their representation of the upper two octaves more than the K701.

SuperDuper Superlux HD 668B [Review] : r/headphones - Reddit SuperDuper Superlux HD 668B [Review] : r/headphones - Reddit

I've owned several of these cheap Superlux headphone models. Some of them have sounded very impressive for the price. These ones... not so much. Perhaps I just prefer differently voiced headphones but these ones seemed a bit too stiff and sterile sounding to me, and still not neutral/detailed enough for mixing (which to be fair would be too much to ask at this price). The midrange has great tonality throughout. Lower mids are a hint lean but still have enough body so as not to sound hollow or too distant. The upper midrange is a little more upfront and can be a little edgy on occasion but having said that, it’s an area my ears are particularly sensitive to. Mid-Range: The quality of the mid-range is good, though a bit recessed. I think in spite of the issues with treble, the 668b's drivers are quite resolving and the mid-range does carry good clarity. It's just unfortunate that it tends to be drawn out by the distractingly sharp highs. That definitely looks like a 668B. I wouldn’t be surprised if it sounds the same with the HD668B (or more or less similar). I don’t think Samson as a company manufactures their own headphone line up, so Superlux probably OEMs for them.It's obvious that Superlux took elements from both AKG and Audio Technica designs. The way the earcups pivot is very nicely implemented and conforms easily to the shape of the head. As for the Audio Technica-styled "wings", I've been a long-time fan of it and prefer them to traditional headband design, so that's a plus for me. Add these on top of the two sets of detachable cords, a 1/4 in adapter, a carrying pouch, and an anti-yank clip... I am honestly quite impressed considering the 668b's price. There are many ways to modify these headphones to eliminate the mildly wooly bass and balance the top octave slightly better. The best start is to replace the gawd-awful ear pads with AKG 240/270 velour pads. Then replace the cable, then damp all the internal plastic bits. any headphones u can recommend me that use ex1000 as reference? recommend apart from dr150 or superlux also is fine by me 🙂 So I was reading http://www.headfonia.com/superlux-hd668b/ review and was floored by how much praise those had gotten. I've heard of them talked about as being really good but never to the extent that article went too.

Superlux HD668B Review - Reviewed

Pretty clean sounding bass that is only a bit on the softer side. Details are good, but not the most separated (sounds a bit blunt), despite being fairly tight and fast.Hey, thanks for this nice review, couldnt find any other real review@intrawebz so wanted to ask – how good or bad would these be as monitoring headphones? Im in search for budget production headphones, cant afford monitor speakers yet. I was looking@ Audio Technica ATH-M50 before i found these. Comparable?

Superlux HD668B Headphone Review by mark2410 - Head-Fi.org Superlux HD668B Headphone Review by mark2410 - Head-Fi.org

It would be interesting to get a feel for what the requirements for a useful EQ would be. Half a dozen PEQ stages would be a start, but I don't have much of a feel for what would actually be useful.

I sometimes listen to electronic-dance-music too, so how good is this with that type of song? Since I saw below you mentioned AIAIAI TMA-1 is better, but that one is out of my budget. My initial impressions are cautiously promising. The treble is splashy right now and seems a bit out of control with a tendency towards being sibilant (some AC/DC is just unbearable), these have a definite V shaped sound out of the box and seem a bit hollow in the middle. Bass wise they also seem a bit uncontrolled and they don't seem overly fast. Having said that the treble seems to work well with female voices. Just sold my HD650’s because of these. I feel they present a much more ‘complete’ picture of the music being played. Bass is as weighty as the Sennheisers but mid/high is more direct which is to my liking.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment