276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Norton Anthology of Poetry

£21.495£42.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ANNE BRADSTREET (ca. 1612-1672) In Honor of that High and Mighty Princess, Queen Elizabeth, of Most Happy Memory 458 The Prologue 462 Before the Birth of One of Her Children 464 To My Dear and Loving Husband 465 The Author to Her Book 465 A Letter to Her Husband, Absent upon Public Employment 466 Here Follows Some Verses upon the Burning of Our House July 10th, 1666 466 If you’ve ever been on a London tube, this book needs no introduction. Over the years, the much imitated initiative has saved tens of thousands of frazzled travellers from seething fury. There’s nothing like a fragment of Sappho, John Donne, Philip Larkin, Derek Walcott or Louis MacNeice to remind you that the world is “crazier and more of it than we think / Incorrigibly plural”. Each year, the judges of the Forward prizes read virtually every new collection published in the UK and Ireland and choose their favourites for this book. The current edition includes work by American wunderkinder Danez Smith and Kaveh Akbar, Liz Berry’s wonderful The Republic of Motherhood and hot new Faber writer Richard Scott. I may be biased as the prizes’ founder, but I had absolutely no hand in the judging, which was done by a five-strong jury chaired by Bidisha. For a one-volume overview of what’s current in poetry, this is indispensable.

W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., 500 Fifth Avenue, New York, N.Y. 10110 www.wwnorton.com W. W. Norton & Company Ltd., Castle House, 75/76 Wells Street, London WIT 3QT

How to Borrow from Another Library

HERMAN MELVILLE (1819-1891) The Portent 1054 Shiloh 1055 The Maldive Shark 1055 The Berg 1056 Monody 1057

Margaret Ferguson(Ph.D. Yale) is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of California–Davis. She is the author of Dido’s Daughters: Literacy, Gender, and Empire in Early Modern England and France (2003) and Trials of Desire: Renaissance Defenses of Poetry(1984). Ferguson is coeditor of Feminism in Time; Women, Property, and the Letters of the Law; Literacies in Early Modern England; and a critical edition of Elizabeth Cary’s Tragedy of Mariam.Professor Ferguson has served as president of the Modern Language Association and is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Follow this link for the book: https://archive.org/details/nortonanthologyo00canp See also [ edit ] CHRISTOPHER SMART (1722-1771) Jubilate Agno, lines 697—770 ("For I will consider my Cat Jeoffry") 678 From A Song to David 680 Psalm 58 684 Psalm 114 685PHILLIS WHEATLEY (ca. 1753-1784) A Farewell to America. To Mrs. S. W. 719 On Being Brought from Africa to America 720 To S. M., a Young African Painter, on Seeing His Works On Imagination 722

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment