276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dear Zoo: Lift the Flaps

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But my daughter really loves this book. And my husband told me to lighten up, get off my high horse and "it's only a kids' book. Don't worry about it." So maybe the lift up flaps are great. And how lovely it would be to have a zoo keep sending you animals on demand. Yeah, ok, it's a fab book. Make this cute giraffe finger puppet from I Heart Crafty Things or this paper bag giraffe inspired by Greedy Steve We’ve gathered a lovely bunch of ‘Dear Zoo’ activities for nursery children above to help support your teaching of the brilliant storybook, ‘Dear Zoo’ by Rod Campbell. From picture cards, PowerPoints, games, posters and more, you're sure to find the perfect resource for you and your class. Incorporating these lovely activities after reading the storybook is a great way to engage children further with the story and help bring it to life! We made this elephant suncatcher as an Elmer craft but by using grey colours instead of (lots!) of colours for Elmer it would work well as a Dear Zoo craft.

This story is a fun introduction to animals and their characteristics. It is written in the first person, with repetitive sentences. The nature of repetitiveness enables young readers to predict and engage with the story.

Want to save more time

The bright animal drawingsprovide more informationto the reader and 'clues'.Each animal is presented in a different way (e.g.a crate, box, basket),and each child can see a glimpse of the animal to enable them to predict whichanimal it might be. Toddler Approved have a whole week of zoo learning activities, I think this animal salt painting might be my favourite as it looks so pretty! More Zoo Books But this book has a delightful extra feature. It is a “noisy” book! And I can assure you (because I’ve done this myself) that if you accidentally sit on it, you will find that it might trumpet at you, or chatter like a monkey, or even (and this is a bit scary if you’re not expecting it!) even hiss like a snake!

Kids Craft Room shares how to make an articulated snake or this snake craft for kids is great for supporting scissor skills There are loads of fabulous Dear Zoo activities for kids in this post from You Clever Monkey including a lift the flap drawing prompt and animal weighing activityAdjectives which relate to each animal, e.g.'They sent me an elephant, but he was too big', They sent me a snake, but he was too scary'. Spend time talking together about the cover picture, what they notice, and commenting on what the story might be about and where it takes place. Read aloud As he hasn't ruled out one day becoming a zookeeper, Ben found the premise of this book intriguing; a kid writes a letter to the zoo and gets free stuff. Sounds great, right? After all, he's currently unemployed and can't very well buy his own things, let alone afford a pet. Also there's flaps and those always blow his mind. If you love reading zoo animal books with your kids then these are some more we think you might enjoy!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment