276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NIV Rainbow Study Bible: Jacketed Hardcover

£32.04£64.08Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first reference to a rainbow in the Bible is when Noah and his brood spotted a rainbow in the sky after the great flood had ended, and they left the ark to enter dry land. The rainbow God displayed in the sky represented the promise, or covenant, that God would never again destroy the earth by a flood: It is a good choice for beginners or believers who are not entirely adept at their biblical knowledge and how to apply it to their everyday lives. Even more seasoned readers of the Bible will find this Bible study guide useful. It will provide readers with an easy-to-read unit that will not be intimidating. This, of course, will simply just make it easy to enjoy reading the word. With this Bible Study, you can look forward to your Bible study each day as you can now read with better understanding and with more clarity as to how to apply the word of God to your everyday life. God made this covenant with Noah (who represented all future people) regarding His creation. The events of the book of Genesis “introduce us to how God initiates and makes covenants with His chosen people, pledging His love and faithfulness to them and calling them to promise theirs to Him.”

All of the information is informative and useful. Some are just a single sentence and others are a complete paragraph. The outlines are short, usually between 5-9 points. Notes There are 12 maps, and to my surprise, there is an index to maps! The maps are on the same thin paper as the rest of the Bible. They are full-color and they look nice. Book Mark and Ribbon

There is a bookmark that has the color with the topics and subtopics but the colors don’t match the bookmark exact enough in my opinion. The colors are also listed in the front using the same paper as the text. This one is easy to use and reference. There are lots of section headings throughout the text. They’re in italics and do a great job of breaking up the text and making it easy to find what you’re looking for. They are no references within the section headings for the harmony of the Gospels, but considering they are covered in the center-column cross references there’s no need for it. Additional Material The arc of colors in a rainbow—particularly the range from red, purple to blue—had religious significance for the early Hebrew people. God asked Moses to use the colors blue, purple, and scarlet in the curtains for His tabernacle, a portable temple for the Israelites on the way to the Promised Land ( Exodus 26:1). One of my tests for references is Genesis 1:1. This one has 21. This is far more than most reference Bibles. Another of my tests is the Gospels. A good set of references will link the parallel passages in the Gospels and build a Harmony of the Gospels right in your references. For this test I use Matthew 10:33. A good reference Bible will link it with Mark 8:38, Luke 9:26, and 2 Timothy 2:12. Most Bibles have one or two of these references. This Bible has them all. I consider the cross-references one of the strengths of this Bible. Translation Notes In the church, a covenant means members agree to act together in harmony with the precepts of the gospel. A covenant establishes a relationship between two parties, similar to a government document.

Made with imitation leather known as Leather Touch the bible has a smooth texture with perimeter stitching. It alsoAnother reverse flood event was when God parted the Jordon River so that the Israelites could enter the Promised Land of Canaan after wandering in the desert for forty years. In overflowing anger, for a moment, I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love, I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord, your Redeemer. “This is like the days of Noah to me: as I swore that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so I have sworn that I will not be angry with you and will not rebuke you. . . but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,’ says the Lord, who has compassion on you.” ( Isaiah 54:8-10) What Other Bible Passages Talk about Rainbows? The prophet Isaiah spoke for God when Isaiah prophesied, When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you( Isaiah 43:2). On the other end of the spectrum, rainbows are popular in the culture of little girls. Rainbow Pony continues to be a popular line of merchandise. In a kindergarten performance celebrating Martin Luther King’s Day, my daughter scampered across the stage with a rainbow painting on a poster board. She said her dream was for there to be “rainbows everywhere.” This is my favorite rainbow recollection, and it reminds me of God’s loving promise to Noah.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment