276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sapphire Battersea (Hetty Feather, 2)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kini Hetty kecil telah berusia 14 tahun dan akan menjalani masa2 sebagai seorang pelayan. Hetty kontan mengingkari menjadi seorang pelayan , karena cita2nya adalah menjadi penulis terkenal. Namun, berkat bantuan tak lagi dan tak bukan dari MRS. Smith, Hetty akan menjadi pelayan seorang penulis terkenal bernama MR. Buchannan. Ia akan menjadi pelayan muda yang membantu kepala pelayan bernama Mrs. Briskett dan Sarah. Hetty yang telah mengetahui ibu kandungnya adalah Ida Battersea, yang merupakan pelayan muda di Foundling Hospital, merasa sangat bahagia.... namun kebahagiaan itu seakan hanya melekat sementara pada diri Hetty... lagi2 ia dipisahkan dari ibu kandungnya..Matron Bottomly bau panggilan dari Hetty, langsung memecat dan mengusir Ida tanpa surat referensi sedikitpun. Hetty: Oh, I don't know. Maybe foundling children are so starved of love they don't really know how to want to marry.

Hetty Feather is a Foundling Hospital girl and was given her name when she was left there as a baby by her mother. But she always longed to be called Sapphire, after her sapphire-blue eyes. When she is reunited with her mother, she hopes her new name, Sapphire Battersea, will also mean a new life! But life doesn't always go as planned... Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first novel when she was nine years old, and she has been writing ever since. She is now one of Britain's bestselling and most beloved children's authors. She has written over 100 books and is the creator of characters such as Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather. More than forty million copies of her books have been sold. The book is followed by Emerald Star which was released 27 September 2012. The series continues with Diamond which is about a girl who Hetty met in Emerald Star. This is followed by Little Stars which follows Hetty and Diamond after the events of Diamond. Set in Victorian times, this book is about Hetty with her new name Sapphire Battersea. The name that was hers from the start. After leaving her horrid years at the Founding Hospital, she experiences a different new hard life being a servant girl. She feels more free being out of the hospital, but misses someone so much, planning her future right there and then. She travels a bit, and events lead her to the seaside. I found it so cool as she does ordinary things, but ages ago so it's quite different.After finding out that Ida Battersea - the kitchen maid of the Foundling Hospital - is her mother, Hetty Feather regularly sneaks into her room at night to bond with her. Hetty dreams of being a successful author, writing stories under her true name, Sapphire Battersea. I think the characters in this book were excellently written, and I felt Hetty next to me, telling me about all the strange things and scary or funny happenings in her life. I felt Bertie telling me jokes, and Hetty raising her eyebrows. Jacqueline is one of the nation’s favourite authors, and her books are loved and cherished by young readers not only in the UK but all over the world. She has sold millions of books and in the UK alone the total now stands at over 35 million!

Career Versus Man: The main dilemma Hetty faces throughout the books. She leaves Jem for the circus and can't reconcile her feelings for either him or Bertie. Sapphire Battersea is all about what comes next for Hetty. Hetty's life is never going to be without adventure, mischief and mayhem. Here is what the book is really about... Madame Berenice & Emily: A medium who holds seances. Hetty finds out that she and her sister, Emily, are frauds. Madame Berenice pretends to be possessed by the dead while Emily covers herself in a white veil, pretending to be a ghost. Une nouvelle vie pour Millie Plume s'inscrit dans la continuité directe du premier opus, Les malheurs de Millie Plume. On y retrouve l'impétueuse héroïne de Jacqueline Wilson dans de nouvelles aventures pleines de rebondissements, de rencontres extraordinaires, de chagrins et de bonheurs inoubliables. Even though this book wouldn't be really categorised as a Romance. I found both Bertie and Jem's relationships with Hetty so cute! I do hope none of them are just playing her and making it seem like they both like her. I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next book!Sapphire Battersea is the 2011 sequel to Hetty Feather, written by English author Jacqueline Wilson. It is the second installment in the Hetty Feather Trilogy. The story continues where Hetty Feather left off. Hetty, now 14 years old, is discharged from the Foundling Hospital and begins life as a scullery maid.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment