276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What A Waste: Rubbish, Recycling, and Protecting our Planet (Protect the Planet)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really like how the book shows informational texts around the illustrations or within the illustrations. What about the massive ‘Rubbish Island’ that is floating about in the Pacific Ocean and weighs the same as 500 jumbo jets? The book could be looked at as a whole class, maybe for a reading comprehension activity, or just in the reading area for children to explore individually or in small groups. More of an instructional type book, "What a Waste: Trash, Recycling, and Protecting Our Planet," is not a book every educator needs to have, but it is definitely worth a look and read.

What a Waste: Trash, Recycling, and Protecting our Planet

If I were to use this book to teach 1st graders about recycling, pollution, and ways that we can protect our planet, I would first have a vocabulary lesson about what "waste" and "pollution" are. Original 3-line review: While informational, the pictures and bright colors throughout the book make it more intriguing for children.What a Waste is an informative book that tackles the critical issue of waste management and environmental sustainability.

What A Waste by Jess French | Waterstones

I would have a read-aloud where students would sit in a circle on the carpet and I would go over the pages and share the most interesting facts and information to students. and is aware that our family is trying to be eco-friendly and that we are reducing our waste and plastic consumption. Book summary: This book talks about how each of us can actively help protect our planet by reducing the amount of waste we have and learning how to recycle. From this, it is transferred to their journal, where everything appears more systematic, and finally to a ledger, in double entry after the Italian manner of bookkeeping, where one settles accounts with each man, once as debtor and then as creditor.I only have three copies of this book and they go fast and the kids keep begging me for more copies! What a waste’ is another visually outstanding DK information book which presents current environmental concerns and shows how people are developing solutions, giving hope for the future. Graphics, actual photographs, and chunks of information make French's approach to showing how people can revert the damage done to the Earth, as well as explaining what has caused issues in nature, due to various types of pollution, loss of Earth's resources, and deforestation. I believe this book can be used throughout all the years and will be a great tool for any teacher to have in their classroom. We celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander stories, traditions and living cultures; and we pay our respects to Elders past and present.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment