276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seiko 5 Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Fabric Strap SNK809K2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Push back the crown completely, log into all your social media accounts, and brag to everyone about being the second coming of Einstein. The Seiko Turtle's many variants incorporate the 4R36 movement, a hacking and hand-winding upgrade to the basic 7S26 movement, which is the movement found in most of Seiko’s more affordable offerings, including ALL the other options mentioned in this list. There are users and reviewers who mentioned that they received a watch storage unit as well inside the package. For instance, the Seiko 7s26 is now a 25+ years old mechanical caliber that was designed in-house by the company.

The watch, with its matte aluminum finishing, clean dial, and compact 37mm case, is an exercise in simplicity. A plus of this feature is you won’t have to activate a light each time you want to read your watch at night. While it is classed as an un-decorated movement, I’m sure you’ll agree from looking at the picture below that it’s still very pretty to look at. The good news is, if you're a fan of the SKX007 form factor and would like to build one from scratch - we sell SKX007 cases in a variety of designs, including the classic SKX007 styling. smaller than the 121, coming in at 38mm, which gives the 155 an early Rolex Explorer-esque vibe, making it an appealing option for a daily driver.But I really don’t get the idea of comparing the two since both models have their own distinct beauty, design and elegance. Taking its inspiration from the 6105 worn by Martin Sheen in Francis Ford Coppola’s iconic film “Apocalypse Now”, the SPB183, (as well as the 151 and 153) comes in with smaller and more wearable proportions as well as the impressive 6R35 movement with its healthy 70 hour power reserve. The Seiko SNK809 is a cheap watch – and you can see where some of the corners have been cut in its production. The watch has a titanium case that assists in the wear of this large watch on the wrist, features a ceramic bezel smooth in its action, an angled profile across the side of the case with the help of the Zaratsu polish and sharply angled endlinks. This might be an issue for some people who are sensitive to continuous sounds like watch/clock ticks.

The Seiko SARDS combines the common elements from several JDM models and feature a retrograde date, a power reserve indicator, and retrograde day of the week. Not only that it is very affordable and inexpensive, but it also has features that are normally seen on much more expensive brands and watches. But while the SNKL23 is much inexpensive than the SNK809, keep in mind that the latter model features the precise 21 jewels automatic technology and the former does not. Beyond the strap, there’s not much to complain about, and the Seiko gives watches costing twice as much a run for their money. As I have mentioned, I have a large body frame, so the size of the watch, especially the black dial is not very appropriate for me.Like the badasses they are, the designers chose to place it at 4 o’clock and not 3 o’clock like every other wristwatch out there.

Whilst I wouldn’t normally go for a fabric strap myself, I can see the appeal and it’s pretty obvious why this is one of Seiko’s best selling watches. Several years back, there was little talk of the SNKL23, but following a few features in watch blogs and YouTube reviews, this piece took off in popularity. And unlike highly polished stainless steel that easily showcases fine scratches, matte helps keep those imperfections on the down low. We also have a selection of mod parts for the Seiko Turtle if you decide that this is the model for you! The Seiko SNK is often the first watch recommended to anyone that starts to dabble into watch collecting.

Now, I don’t want to say that the SARX055 is on the level of a Grand Seiko (because it is not) but if there was a middleman between the more entry-level Seiko models and Grand Seiko, I think this would be the one.

A few years back I gifted my younger brother an Orient Bambino, in fact, it was the Orient Bambino that was my first mechanical watch. It is powered by Seiko’s bulletproof 7S26 movement, like most of the other watches on this list, and it boasts a very reassuring water resistance of 200m. There’s also no screw-down functionality here, which limits water resistance to only 30 meters, so the watch will be fine in the rain but should stay out of the pool. This case size is the sweet spot for most people - it won’t make the watch appear bulky on your wrist, and it won't look too small either.

Before I wrote this review, I made sure that I knew all the details of the watch that I am writing about. This meant they could easily switch up the character of the watch from day to day with no problem at all. This allows you to quickly grasp some of the important details of the watch before we later go into deeper detail about the watch as a whole. In fact, if you would read a few Seiko-5 Review posts, you would notice the highlights in the number of jewels.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment